F47 GSR Koa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hey folks hope all is well :)

I decided to sell my F47 GSR KOA . The reason is I'm just not a collector and as you all know I been buying guitars left and right all in the attempt to find the few I'd really love also I'm more focused on Triple O's.

As most of you know there was a small crack on the back just off the center strip by the tail block which has been repaired . The was about 2 inches long and was located under the inside center strip so it was supported by it . Me and my luthier feel that crack was there from the factory just never seen as there is no impact area and the fact its under the center strip but those are just our opinions.

There are two other issues that I found and dang if I caught it when the crack was getting fixed I'd would of had these repaired also . it seems in the cut a way the banding is popping off it's been stable as it has not spread since I bought the guitar. Yeah so to clarify I felt the edge of these two spots but did not realize what was happing there kind of hard to see at least it was to me .

Anyway a little reglueing and all will be well again.

I letting you all know first as to listing on Reverb just in case someone here may be interested and would possibly like their luthier or themselves to fix it . I'll attach pics of coarse.

I will do the repair myself before putting it on Reverb.

Lastly I the need to mention the saddle height might be as high as some like if I remember right the neck was correct but I'll check again any the action is low so theres that .

Price ? You can PM me as I'm not sure if the public can view this page .

Trade ? I would be interested in a NH F30 or NH F30R but I'd still some cash again PM me will talk .

Condition ? As a whole the guitar is really in great shape I'd say condition is very good but compared to how some folks rate their guitars condition I'm under rating it .
There are no checks. if there are any scratches worth mentioning I don't see them, I can't see any type actually. No fret wear

Oh i did have a clear pick guard installed.

Pics

First the issues the crack before and after the repair and then the pics of the 2 loose bandings located in the cutaway.
the Crack is just off the right side of the center stripe by the tail block.
MxX0oMV.jpg
[/IMG]

fixed pic
tFD6xCA.jpg
[/IMG]

loose bandings pic

VcSfKRb.jpg
[/IMG]
jehnyP8.jpg
[/IMG]

Rest of pics and one disclaimer , the items photoed in the case will come with the guitar as I got them unless I misplaced a few and can't find them low odds of that but hey it happens :)

uogbMet.jpg
[/IMG]
wrw6n7m.jpg
[/IMG]
Bh4TFJM.jpg
[/IMG]
dXAk72S.jpg
[/IMG]

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
few more pics
PjXlgTv.jpg
[/IMG]
Tq5yJzC.jpg
[/IMG]
kVt8cru.jpg
[/IMG]
uVxOAnB.jpg
[/IMG]

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Sold .
Thankfully it stays in the Guild Family .

ClydeTower

Reaction score
Hey I missed this one. Congrats!

Curious though... you sold it because you're not a collector? In the end, are you saying you didn't bond with it?

If you're looking for a 000 body size, also consider a Hoboken F30 if you're ok with a slightly narrower nut and short scale ... totally different animal vs an NH F30 tone wise. Take it from me, its not all hype, this guitar has something none of my other guitars have... and you definitely hear it when recording, a vintage, pure quality, something you can't reproduce in Pro Tools or whatever DAW.

Good luck with the search!!

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hey I missed this one. Congrats!

Curious though... you sold it because you're not a collector? In the end, are you saying you didn't bond with it?

If you're looking for a 000 body size, also consider a Hoboken F30 if you're ok with a slightly narrower nut and short scale ... totally different animal vs an NH F30 tone wise. Take it from me, its not all hype, this guitar has something none of my other guitars have... and you definitely hear it when recording, a vintage, pure quality, something you can't reproduce in Pro Tools or whatever DAW.

Good luck with the search!!

Honestly I bought it more so to hold onto as far as bonding ,no not really I didn’t like the other one played either but I knew that going in .

Somehow I keep selling guitars but when I go to count them there’s still the same amount as before ?
I don’t get it . Lol

Send me a recording or link me I’d like to hear the hobo I really like the NH F30 at least one I had in my hands if it was physically right I’d still have it .

Buying is on hold for a bit as I have my hands full plus I’m enjoying customizing my Blueridge with fossilized Walrus pins and I just shaped a FW saddle but I need to lower her a bit more .

I also have enjoying looking over custom build eye candy guitars lol

I was going to go with another Wilborn but but since I have contact with many different Luthiers I might of my next guitar lol heay it’s all about experimenting right ! Lol

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Oh and thanks for the congrats .🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.