What Smaller Guilds To Consider

LAP57

Reaction score
LAP57 nice score! also I see u do not discriminate with truss rod cover orientation.

I never noticed that before. I have never removed them so they are in the orientation that they came to me with. As they are all used they could have been inverted by previous owners or techs. I will have to flip the cover around on my jumbo so it is correct. I never was one for the small details.

LAP57

Reaction score
I hopped back into this thread to thank everyone for their input. As I am not a guild collector and not really a very talented player I tend to only lurk on the board when I have a specific need. That being said I love Guild guitars. I think they sound great and they are available at good prices compared to more popular guitar makes. Since I live in Connecticut I think of them as local guitars, Westerly is only an hour from my house and this F30rce was made in Connecticut at the old Ovation factory. For what it is worth I like seeing "Made In Connecticut" on the sticker inside a guitar of the quality.

My luthier has stabilized the crack and applied some clear coat to protect the wood. While not invisible the crack is not the first thing you notice when looking at the guitar. I love the sound of the guitar and the slightly smaller size makes it very comfortable. I have been using this guitar exclusively since getting it back from the luthier. I am currently taking lessons and playing in DADGAD which relies heavily on the capo. The cut away allows me to have a full octave even when capo'd at the 5th fret.

Thanks again.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I hopped back into this thread to thank everyone for their input. As I am not a guild collector and not really a very talented player I tend to only lurk on the board when I have a specific need. That being said I love Guild guitars. I think they sound great and they are available at good prices compared to more popular guitar makes. Since I live in Connecticut I think of them as local guitars, Westerly is only an hour from my house and this F30rce was made in Connecticut at the old Ovation factory. For what it is worth I like seeing "Made In Connecticut" on the sticker inside a guitar of the quality.

My luthier has stabilized the crack and applied some clear coat to protect the wood. While not invisible the crack is not the first thing you notice when looking at the guitar. I love the sound of the guitar and the slightly smaller size makes it very comfortable. I have been using this guitar exclusively since getting it back from the luthier. I am currently taking lessons and playing in DADGAD which relies heavily on the capo. The cut away allows me to have a full octave even when capo'd at the 5th fret.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the update, LAP!

We scored our F-30RCE's at about the same time, and I, too, am loving mine. +1 on playability of the cutaway. And it sounds much louder and more clear than I expected for a smaller-bodied guitar, it really sings! It has also solved my shoulder discomfort issues, it has not bothered me to play it at all. I am very happy with it.

Glad you are enjoying yours, too! :encouragement:

walrus