Starfire VI and DE-400 jam at Norm’s (no Mark, haters)

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Starfire VI and DE-400 jam at Norm’s (no Mark, haters)

A non-GOTD Norm’s video featuring a jam on Guilds. Don’t worry Mark haters, he’s not there.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
That was freaking great! Nice example of tone from the AnitHums and vintage HB!s, too.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
very cool thanks for sharing. big fan of Eric McFadden here. ever since I discovered him thru his band Stokholm Syndrome (with Jerry Joseph), he seems to pop up everywhere. check out their album “Holy Happy Hour”

kakerlak

Reaction score
Spent the whole time trying to decide whether the VI is maple or mahogany, lol. (leaning ever so slightly towards maple, lol). Looks like 1970-ish, as it has a floating bridge and the old starburst truss rod cover. Guessing it's been retrofitted from Bigsby to harp, since it's sporting the Bigsby bridge and the harp-tail ones didn't really become the norm until the mid/late 1970s. I thought both guys sounded like they had those Fender amps set a little too wooly/spongy for my liking. Always felt like Fenders got kind of mushy if you turned the bass up much past 3 or so and really shone brightest (pun semi-intended?) with the treble dimed, middle around 5 or so and bass around 2. Of course, you never know how true to life the sound quality is on stuff that's made it to YouTube and may have been recorded off a cell phone or digital camera.

Hobbesickles

Reaction score
Guild Total
I went to their site to see if the Starfire VI was listed but it's not. I agree it looks to be maple. Hard to tell though!

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Re. sound quality, the audio in Norman's Rare Guitars videos comes from the videocam's built-in mic. You can often hear the phasing as Jen, the camerawoman, moves in & out & around to get different views. At first I found this annoying, but now that YouTubers are generally so professional about such stuff I kinda like it. ;)

-Dave-