It's humidifier time in the northeast US

killdeer43

Reverential Member
Reaction score
The ski area right up the road has over 200" of snow and down here at sea level, that transposes to RAIN! In fact, it's raining right now!
Haven't needed a humidifier in the 42 years that I've lived here. :fat:

Joe

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, the bulk of the west coast seems to be a pretty good area to keep a solid wood guitar, Joe. Move inland a bit, though... not so much. I thought the same as Grot, though.... would've thought the Seattle area might need a little dehumidification. Maybe whatever heat you're using in the (so-called) winter out there balances it out. Here in the northeast, you get prolonged dryness and the heating systems can really cause damage.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
So far this fall/winter I haven't needed to run my room humidier at all. Very unusual. The central humidifier is keeping the house in the high 40%s all by itself. Strange weather: we had a cold autumn, more like an early winter, but as the weeks pass the temps & humidity stay stuck at mid-November levels. Highs forecast in the mid/high 40s F this weekend, not much cooler next week.

-Dave-

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Not so much on this side of the state. Temps down near zero at night, high twenties in the day. Had our 1st significant snowfall of about 10". My favorite time of the year and I truly love the snow and the look but I'll be the 1st to admit, it's getting tougher to shovel the snow the older I get.