Got me a Guild at WalMart

PittPastor

Reaction score
UkpCGyJ.jpg
[/IMG]

That's hilarious! (Where do you guys find this stuff?)

Do you supposed I can get one to fit Zion?

Dw0W6Et.jpg

Just_Guild

Reaction score
I continue to be amazed at what a great guitar this is turning out to be. Took it to the beach house for the weekend, light case and easy to transport, loud enough I didn't need any amplification. I'll tweak the setup a little, but essentially good to go right out of the box. Amazon keeps sending me alerts, lowest price is $599.99 without the extras. Great deal and thanks again for the heads up!

Rickenmaxer

Reaction score
Guild Total
2 left but now at $829.98... I guess the fire sale is over.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hello

I tried it VERY shortly on January 9th. Maple version. I ordered three guitars from Musikhaus Thomann. I had my eye on OM240CE - but wanted to try other models, too - just to be sure about it. Third was M240E.

It played ok - the colour was yellowish - downright ugly. My wife saw it and exclaimed "Oh my God how Ugly that is!" Later she mellowed it some saying: "Maybe because I have been watching these wonderful other Guilds all these years." But that yellow reminded too much of cheap low-quality guitars of my youth. Size was somewhat close to my 1957 Gibson LG2-3/4. But sound was much boxier compared to Gibson. So there was really no place for it here.
M240E was nicer to my taste - but OM240CE was definitively best for my needs. I have played it quite a lot. No regrets at all.

img_2867.jpg

All three pictured here with D125 - the one I´m getting rid of - while it plays fine and sounds good enough for the price - dreads are not for me. OM240CE takes that slot.

Last edited:

Mark WW

Reaction score
I actually like the yellow. But no one has accused me of having good taste!

jcwu

Reaction score
I actually like the yellow. But no one has accused me of having good taste!

I like naturally yellowed laquer. On the mini jumbo, looks like they're replicating the aged look. Personally, I think it's not bad.

beecee

Reaction score
I'm still wondering if someone screwed up offering the OM 140SB for $400+

Nah,

What probably happened was some senior member here at LTG is retired and working as a greeter at WM and fired off a dispatch to alert Bentonville about the to good to be true deal.

My PQR on this puppy is off the charts. A great sounding guitar which is VERY pleasing to the eyes.

Just_Guild

Reaction score
Yup - Wally World. I had been looking at an OM-140 sunburst but the best price I had seen was $600. Streetsounds had a plain spruce for a great price but nowhere near this. Plus the guitar came with a softy/hard case. This has wood or some kind of shell covered by nylon. I like it a lot. IT also came with a strap, picks, cleaning cloth and a stand and the Guitar for $401 plus tax shipped free.

I am quite impressed. Here is a link and a video in the plain finish.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Guild-OM...Hg8J2M85grCXYmw4AzVyKbLrBPS2A1mBoCSHAQAvD_BwE

Now listed st $449.99 with two left! Lol. Grab them folks.