Feed a cold...

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
So I got the head/chest cold from Hell about 12 days ago now and it's diminished some but still hanging around. And, oh goody, Mrs. Dread caught it 2 days ago. Starts with a sore throat and progresses to the head and chest from there. Not the flu, just a particularly nasty cold.

So I pulled out the big guns today, made a large cauldron of Chicken -vege - lime soup complete with cilantro, and crumbled tortilla chips on top, sliced cheeses on the side. I only put in one medium chopped jalapeno with seeds, that made it sufficiently zippy.

It turned out to be a brow-mopping, nostril clearing kinda soup, exactly the desired effect.

jcwu

Reaction score
I love it when no medication can clear my sinus, then a proper dose of spice blasts it right out!

Happened by accident once with too much wasabi. Cleared my tear ducts as well.

Hope Mrs. Dread recovers fast!

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I love a big bowl of Pho with the peppers and some Sriracha as a condiment for the meat. That'll blow it out.

Then an avocado smoothie and a nap!

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I had an old guy tell me the cure for a chest cold was a really hot bath and frequent hot toddys. I don't drink so I have no idea what's in one. That was probably before heating food with hot chilies in them became so popular. I'm waiting to hear a tea made of ghost peppers is the best cure.

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Over here we have this saying:

- unattended cold lasts a week
- well cared it goes away in seven days