Gibson Update--Free pair of 501s with every Les Paul purchase?

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
We'll see - two very different businesses. Reminds of John Sculley taking over Apple years ago.

I hope it works...

walrus

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Talk about irony.
Levi's has actually been on my boycott list ever since they started the old "cheaping out" routine about 20 years ago:.
All their styles used to have 7 belt loops.
Then they went to 5.
And spaced 'em so that the front of the jeans now roll over your belt, creating the impression of a beer belly where there really isn't one.
No wonder all the gangstas started wearing 'em so low their boxer shorts're exposed down to the cheek line.....
Idiots.
Now you know why your jeans don't fit like they used to anymore.
Looking for 7 loops?
Dickey's is the only game in town, baby, and I'm shamelessly plugging 'em.

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Talk about irony.
Levi's has actually been on my boycott list ever since they started the old "cheaping out" routine about 20 years ago:.
Then they went to 5.
And spaced 'em so that the front of the jeans now roll over your belt, creating the impression of a beer belly where there really isn't one.
No wonder all the gangstas started wearing 'em so low their boxer shorts're exposed down to the cheek line.....
Idiots.
Looking for 7 loops?

wearing a Dickey's shirt right now Al!

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Talk about irony.
Then they went to 5.
Idiots.
Looking for 7 loops?

My experience has been radically different. Every pair of Levis I have purchased has been functionally identical to the previous pairs and they fit the way I want them to. I'll bet this is because a) I don't count belt loops and b) I've been wearing Levis since the beer belly was baby fat so if the pants roll over and suggest a beer belly they are merely telling it like it is.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
We'll see - two very different businesses.

Agreed but they have similarities too. A consumer brand with great appeal to Boomers but not as much to other generations. A brand that can expand beyond its core for growth but had (has) to figure out how. A product that is more closely identified with men than women. A product the exudes a hint of the rebel.

Of course, if Gibson starts offering a belt and strap set with matching hardware I'm going to wonder whether this was the right choice...

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
Of course, if Gibson starts offering a belt and strap set with matching hardware I'm going to wonder whether this was the right choice...

If they do we'll know they're here checking up on the competition...and it's your idea.:stupid::hopelessness::tongue-new:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score

If they do we'll know they're here checking up on the competition...and it's your idea.:stupid::hopelessness::tongue-new:

How about a suspenders guitar strap?
DANG!
There goes another one of my million dollar ideas down the drain, beat to the punch again!

slinger-straps-harness-guitar-strap-bnr.jpg

And speak of the devil, there's another example of dysfunctional belt-loop design!