Wellers Guild Acoustic

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Welcome to LTG!

It's not a dread... looks like a maple-bodied jumbo cutaway, to me. I am not well-versed in the jumbos and don't have my reference books here. But someone will surely be along with the model soon.

Looking

Reaction score
I'm rubbish at thinking up usernames! I was looking for the model and its the first thing that came up!

Anyway, I'm looking for a nice acoustic and as I'm a bit of a Weller fan I saw this. He used to play a Gibson J45 but seems to have moved onto Guilds.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Standard Series F50CE, I think.

Agreed.
Not a whole lot of potential contenders with those build details:
Dot markers instead of blocks and no Chesterfield in a maple bodied jumbo with a wood headstock faceplate.
Official Guild pic:
F50CE.jpg

Even looks like the same silking on the top.
:biggrin-new:

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Maybe the best bang for the buck guitar that came out of New Hartford. I could look at the back on mine all day.

21307120786_dd76221b2f_b.jpg

There's also videos on YouTube of Paul playing an Orpheum Jumbo. Another excellent choice!

beecee

Reaction score
Sandy, that backside is luscious! A beauty!

walrus

If you were to do a side by side w/Cougars JF-30-12's front and the backside of Twocorgis F-50CE I'd probably have an organism.

I have 4 great maple guitars but none have the superb grain of those two.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Sandy, that backside is luscious! A beauty!

walrus

If you were to do a side by side w/Cougars JF-30-12's front and the backside of Twocorgis F-50CE I'd probably have an organism.

I have 4 great maple guitars but none have the superb grain of those two.

With the F50 Standards, it's more than the beauty. They're just great guitars, and maybe even the best F50s that Guild ever made. I've played five of them, and all were uniformly brilliant. And they were all better than any J200 I've played.

F312

Reaction score
Is there also a rosewood B/S on the Standard F50CE? I have a Standard D50CE with rosewood B/S, the sound and build are nice.

Ralph

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Is there also a rosewood B/S on the Standard F50CE? I have a Standard D50CE with rosewood B/S, the sound and build are nice.

Ralph
That would have been an F50rce, same model naming convention as the F30rce
A quick google search for "Guild F50rce" doesn't bring back any hits like I'd expect.
I didn't think they ever did, but that's how I checked.
Methinks possibly because the formula's offered in the Westerly Collection**** since about 2011:
https://guildguitars.com/g/f-150r-ce/

****EDIT: My bad, that's the "GAD" version, the Westerly Collection version has replaced it as noted in post #20.

Last edited: