Model Number of Gotoh 12 String Tuners

wileypickett

Reaction score
Gotta love those Fahey stories!

' Strang

I've got dozens!

Those of you have pets have probably had the experience of having your vet recommend that you brush your pet's teeth as they get older. I was doing this for my old cat Maynard many years ago.

One morning when Fahey was staying with me, I passed by the bathroom to see John brushing his teeth with Maynard's poultry-flavored cat toothpaste. Not sure what he thought.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
...they are "Custom Gotoh SE701 Open Gear in Gold"
Yes, the SE701 standard model is the x-in-line version of the SE700. The SE701 also come standard with those slotted Fender Stratocaster style string posts. So you only add the type of button you want to order (06M in the F-512 case) and the type of gold finish.
The SE701 was already in the 2008 catalog of Gotoh:

P10.jpg

Ralf

Brucebubs

Reaction score
... and you can buy them now directly from Cordoba Guild.
$79.99 for the gold set.

Last edited:

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, the SE701 standard model is the x-in-line version of the SE700. The SE701 also come standard with those slotted Fender Stratocaster style string posts. So you only add the type of button you want to order (06M in the F-512 case) and the type of gold finish.
The SE701 was already in the 2008 catalog of Gotoh:

P10.jpg

Ralf

Right you are, Ralf, as usual! :) Looking at that catalog, I think it's very easy to understand why a "mistake" by the Guild shop. The fact that those tuners have a slotted post is really not obvious. It's funny, in newer catalogs, the type of post is actually stated in the specs. But, they don't list the SE701 in the newer catalogs!