Ngd: 2012 nh f-30 std

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
First, thanks again to the good (patient) folks on this forum who helped me narrow down my search for the right F30, this one being a 2012 New Hartford standard with 1-3/4 nut. I was able to negotiate a very good price with the seller on Reverb and it arrived a few days ago.

I won't say its pristine as the seller said, but its close. Definitely better than "Guitar Center pristine". I found three small scratches that are hard to photo, one or two of which may buff out. The spruce and hog with its gloss finish is lovely. The neck angle is perfect, action is spot on, intonation is excellent, frets look new. The only thing I had to do was change the strings and at the same time wipe it down a touch. Having small hands I love the thinnish satin neck. The playability is just how I like it. There was no ramp up time to get used to it - I just sat down and started playing away as normal.

Best of all is the sound. I only play small OOO/OM size now. I was expecting a woody, fundamental sound, which it has as well as very good sustain. But damn, the power of this little fella caught me by surprise. It has one hell of a PUNCH! I dig and an it reverberates throughout my chest. Yet, because it doesn't have excessive overtones I can immediately switch to soft picking and it transitions very cleanly. This F30 is my new rock powerhouse. I think I'm going to call him Rocco for Rocco Francis Marchegiano, aka Rocky Marciano.

I have a beautiful Martin OM-28 VTS, but after getting this F30 I may need to add an F30-R onto my wish list sometime down the road... after an F212...and maybe a 512... and... Too many guitars, too little money.

Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Very nice, HeyMikey! I feel the same about my newly acquired 2011 F-30RCE. And +1 on being surprised by its "power"!

Enjoy it!

walrus

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Awesome I glanced at it a few times .
They do have some punch . The one bought and returned is one I’ll never forget . The tone is still in my head and mentioned it a few times along my ramblings .

It had very sweet overtones in my case but controlled .

Congrats and enjoy ! 🙂

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks folks! I'm new to owning Guilds, this being my third, but it just blows me away how good a guitar you can get for the money vs. the other big names. Simple appointments without the bling, but absolutely no apologies on build quality, playability and sound for these F30's.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
HeyMickey:
And you know boxing from the 50s. I loved those Friday Night Fights sponsored by Gillette.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Thanks folks! I'm new to owning Guilds, this being my third, but it just blows me away how good a guitar you can get for the money vs. the other big names. Simple appointments without the bling, but absolutely no apologies on build quality, playability and sound for these F30's.

10-4 good buddy it’s whats under the hood that counts not looks ! 🙂

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
10-4 good buddy it’s whats under the hood that counts not looks !
Well, except for Barbie dolls.
Until they start makin 'em anatomically correct, anyway.
Ken dolls, too, for that matter.
Reminds me, when I was a kid about 5 years old, I didn't see anything wrong with wanting a Ken doll, I mean c'mon, the dolls were supposed to give kids role modeling objects, right?
I mean, at least I wanted to be like Ken, right?
So what do they do but ridicule a kid who wants to play with boy dolls because it's "unmanly".
Until 3 years later of course when Mattel got the bright idea to come up with GI Joe dolls.
For all those poor repressed dudes like me, out there:
Ken on steroids with attitude and job to match.
I felt so vindicated.
I'm always ahead of the curve.
I got sick of Joe's macho posturing by about '67 and sure enough the rest of the country started realizing maybe they didn't want their boys wanting to be GI Joes when they grew up, either.
I stopped cutting Joe's hair.
I stopped making him wear shoes and let his beard and toenails grow long.
I started modifying Barbie outfits so I could dress him up like Sonny Bono.
One day I woke up and he was gone, never saw him again.
I'm positive my father came in and dismembered him in the night while listening to the Doors' "The End".
<sniff>
Ok. I'm alright now.
Back to our originally scheduled thread.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Al, I hesitate to repeat that rant with a "Reply With Quote", because it is so very far away from the thread topic. So very far away...

The most irrelevant (or "non-relevant"?) veer of all time? Maybe...:nonchalance:

walrus

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Al, I hesitate to repeat that rant with a "Reply With Quote", because it is so very far away from the thread topic. So very far away...

The most irrelevant (or "non-relevant"?) veer of all time? Maybe...:nonchalance:

walrus

Quite possibly. I kept waiting for the tie-in, but alas it never came.
At least I'm reminded to take my meds tonight. :laughing:

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
HeyMickey:
And you know boxing from the 50s. I loved those Friday Night Fights sponsored by Gillette.

Grew up not so far from Brockton and my Dad was a huge boxing fan. Did get to meet Paul Pender on several occasions as a yout, who used to hang from time to time at the YMCA we went to. Might have been the Brockton Y.

Last edited:

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Thanks for understanding.
:laughing:

You're welcome. I do thank you very much however for the PMs and posts on the differences between the different F30 variations. Those posts were invaluable. And... if I'm ever in the market for a vintage Ken (standard or custom) I now know EXACTLY who to reach out to!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
You're welcome. I do thank you very much however for the PMs and posts on the differences between the different F30 variations. Those posts were invaluable. And... if I'm ever in the market for a vintage Ken (standard or custom) I now know EXACTLY who to reach out to!
I knew I remembered you from somewhere.
Which reminds me....

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
My mom along with her friend took me to a movie when I was a we little kid have no clue of the name but it was like 17 0r 1800’s France or something it had a gilotine along with some guy getting his head cut off anyway I had some kid of monster/muppet figure made out of soft rubber, on they home I accidentally dropped it the window of the car never to seen again . I also had horror filled nightmares about folks getting thier heads cut off .

Never had barbi or ken dolls .

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
My mom along with her friend took me to a movie when I was a we little kid have no clue of the name but it was like 17 0r 1800’s France or something it had a gilotine along with some guy getting his head cut off anyway I had some kid of monster/muppet figure made out of soft rubber, on they home I accidentally dropped it the window of the car never to seen again . I also had horror filled nightmares about folks getting thier heads cut off .

Never had barbi or ken dolls .

Actually the real reason I wanted a Ken doll was so I'd have a legitimate excuse to get next to the girls with Barbie dolls.
Like I said, I was usually ahead of the curve.
So to speak.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Actually the real reason I wanted a Ken doll was so I'd have a legitimate excuse to get next to the girls with Barbie dolls.
Like I said, I was usually ahead of the curve.
So to speak.

So that’s where I screwed up ! That explains my love life or lack there of. 😑