Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CE100D out of production

Quote Originally Posted by Aleph View Post
    I think it was a mistake to sell them with the Bigsby. If it had a simple guild harp I would have bought one.
    You can get the sunburst ones without the Bigsby, and you can get a harp tail from Guild if you must have the natural version. commercially, I don't think it was a mistake, judging from the ones I see all over the place, I think it's been a great seller so far.

-1960 CE100D
    -1961 Starfire III Special
    -1962 X175
    -1963X175
    -2011 F47R
    -2015 Newark Street X175 BLK

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Broes View Post
    You can get the sunburst ones without the Bigsby, and you can get a harp tail from Guild if you must have the natural version. commercially, I don't think it was a mistake, judging from the ones I see all over the place, I think it's been a great seller so far.
    Are we now talking about the X175 or CE100D? I think Walter might be talking about the former and Aleph about the latter
    9 (nine) pieces of chicken (small), 1 portion of chips with garlic sauce, 3.50

Quote Originally Posted by parker_knoll View Post
    I just noticed the CE100 is no longer listed on the Guild website.

Anyone know what happened? Not popular?
    Don't really know what you mean : the CE-100D is still available, but the CE-100 is not...The difference being that the CE-100D has got two pickups - there's one only on the CE-100. You mentioned both in your post (title and post in fact)...
    Guild F-30 STD (New Hartford)
    Martin D-28 (Marquis)
    Taylor 614ce (ES1)

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
    Don't really know what you mean : the CE-100D is still available, but the CE-100 is not...The difference being that the CE-100D has got two pickups - there's one only on the CE-100. You mentioned both in your post (title and post in fact)...
    Apologies if I failed to differentiate between the CE100D and the CE100, but what I mean is what I said: they don't seem to be listed on the website.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

https://guildguitars.com/guitars/ele...n/#hollow-body

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Broes View Post
    ?? Guild won’t sell the harp tail piece in Europe (where I am located)... Also, I think you are talking about the X-175 Manhattan not the Capri right???

I end up not getting the Capri just because of that Bigsby. got the savoy instead and couldn’t be happier! :-)
    Still drool over a Bigsby less Capri tho! :-D
    Starfire IV ST - Cherry
    S-100 Polara - Cherry
    A-150B Savoy - Blond

Quote Originally Posted by parker_knoll View Post
    Apologies if I failed to differentiate between the CE100D and the CE100, but what I mean is what I said: they don't seem to be listed on the website.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

https://guildguitars.com/guitars/ele...n/#hollow-body
    Maybe it's time to hurry up if you want to get one... www.guildguitars.com/g/ce-100d-capri/
    They still give the price, then must be still available...
    Last edited by Bernie; 11-09-2018 at 05:12 PM.
    Martin D-28 (Marquis)
    Taylor 614ce (ES1)

Maybe it's time to hurry up if you want to get one... www.guildguitars.com/g/ce-100d-capri/
    They still give the price, then must be still available...
    I wonder why it's not on the main listing. The Guild site is often inaccurate

Arrow

Can't tell you : it would be interesting to know for sure if Walter was talking about the CE-100 or of the CE-100D (or both) in his early post...It is not unlikely that they may have stopped building the 100D but still have some left in their stock...Or maybe he was thinking of the CE 100 alone ?
    I would agree that Guild have a lot of different guitars, and may not need that many ? The AxxxS, the CEs the Xxxxs, the Txxs, the Mxxs, the Starfires, all accompanied with various figures...And what about these numbers : do they point an increase in range (from 0 entry level to 2xx high-end, - or other way round), are they referring to sizes instead - learned the 175 had a 17" bout (does the 170 do as well?)...
    If I was the owner of the Guild company - not before next year - maybe I'd be tempted to organise all this a bit better : but I don't know much about the electrics, so don't worry...
    If someone understands it all, i'd be delighted to know a bit more about it
    Martin D-28 (Marquis)
    Taylor 614ce (ES1)

Hans is the guy who understands all things Guild. Purchasing his book would get you from early 1950's to mid 1970's.

Their is another book from a author Beesley who also covers the Guild guitar prodfrom 50's to late 80's.

These can help you understand the guitar models.

M

If I was the owner of the Guild company - not before next year - maybe I'd be tempted to organise all this a bit better : but I don't know much about the electrics, so don't worry...
    If someone understands it all, i'd be delighted to know a bit more about it
    Please don't reorganize everything to suit yourself; it would be a disservice to thousands of of people that have no trouble wit the existing system.

Breifly, when it comes to archtops:

A - deep body, fully acoustic. Many have a pick guard mounted pickup, but there are no cutouts in the body, so they're still A's

X - deep body with pickups

T - thin version of the 'X' instruments

M - mini hollow body. M75 and M65 are the only options and the M75 has been available in semihollow and fully solid versions over the years.

SF - The single cutaway versions (I, II, II) are upscale versions of the hollow T-100. The double cutaway versions (IV, V, VI, XII) are semihollow much like a Gibson ES335.

Bigger numbers following the letter generally means more upscale features.

EDIT: The CE-100 is a deep body with a pickup, so seems it should be an X. I don't know where the CE designation came from.
    Last edited by DThomasC; 11-10-2018 at 11:33 PM.
    DTC

1958 T-100, 1964 S-50, 1964 M-65, 1976 S-300 (bolt-on neck), 1977 D-25, 1977 S-300, 1979 S-300A, 1983 S-25, 1984 Detonator, 1987 Nightbird (spruce top), 1988 D-15, 2001 Blues90, 2002 Bluesbird P90, 2014 Aristocrat