NGD - Tacoma DV4 - It arrived

Okieguildfan

Reaction score
Well, the DV4 finally came in the mail from Guitar Center. It shipped from PA to MT in below freezing weather, but I took my time and let it acclimate to the inside of the house before jumping in. I have to say that I'm really impressed with the guitar. The guy from GC wasn't able to give much of a detailed "hands on" description, so I had to take a bit of a gamble. No cracks, scratches, or dings. The bridge is glued on well and the frets have minimal wear. Neck is straight and the action is great. The only small problem was that the last owner screwed the saddle up a bit. When attempting to lower it, they made it a bit crooked and brought the bass side down too far (lower than the treble). The good news is that Guild sells replacement saddles on their website for $14. They are for the new American dreds, but the specs are the same. I take terrible photos, but here she is after being cleaned up and restrung. Thanks for all the knowledge and feedback.

IMG_4324_zpsuuuicxko.jpg

Okieguildfan

Reaction score
I couldn't be happier with the purchase. It was $399, so I was happy to take the risk and just eat the shipping if something was wrong. The same GC had a D-4, D-25, and my DV-4 all for the same $399. I was tempted to go for the D-25, but there was little saddle left for the future.

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I couldn't be happier with the purchase. It was $399, so I was happy to take the risk and just eat the shipping if something was wrong. The same GC had a D-4, D-25, and my DV-4 all for the same $399. I was tempted to go for the D-25, but there was little saddle left for the future.

Dude, you stole it.

On the Craigs, they're $600+. I've been thinking about picking one up, since my Tacoma DV-6 (same guitar as yours but rosewood) is so good. But I'm on the self-imposed "no more guitars" detox program, and I have a couple of mahogany dreadnoughts already.

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The MIM DV-4s I played years ago were very nice. I'm sure the Tacoma version is primo. And, yes, you stole it!

Okieguildfan

Reaction score
Thank you all. I owe a lot of my finds over the years to this forum. I don't post much, but I read a ton here. I would have never known to take a look at the DV-4 if I hadn't heard folks discuss it and similar models in the past. Thanks to everyone for keeping this a great forum for "research"