Enjoying 2 sides of the realms

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I been giving the F55e the main stage so to say lol I wrote a new tune on my Blueridge 283a though it’s intended for the F55e and it’s coming along .

I hung up the Blueridge for the F55e to make sure I rotate the heard to get play time . After a bit of time with the F55 I thought I should pull out another guitar but I didn’t want to put away the F55 so what would compliment the F55e hmmm , oh I know the CO-2 yeah haven’t played that in a long while .

After some time with the CO2 I can’t help but think if this was the expectation of this model then I feel I got a prime example . I know I’m going all over the place but I was thinking of selling the CO-2 now lol I’m not so sure .

I feel it’s certainly a match for the Blueridge 283A but in a tad different way but we are talking about Rosewood to Mahogany , anyway the CO-2 is or this particular one is if I may boast really nice .

Detailed noting , well balanced notes and chords all the way up the neck . I tend to think my Blueridge 283a based off of Martin is tad muddy where the CO-2 is clarity unsurpassed . Lol

I will stick my neck out and say it’s a match for that F30’s tone I so loved but had to return and at the same time way better then the F30R that did not pass.

Keep in mind that things like this happen all the time there’s guitars that hit the mark and others that don’t but mostly that’s reflective of the players perspective .

Now back to the F55 can’t say enough about her but I will adjust my take on it a wee bit . I pretty much cloned Clyde’s review . Now I’m not really sure I’m going in a different direction but she comes across being more mellow finger picking and the same when strumming but since I just use my fingers I forgot about picks . I look about and find a light really light pick and go to town , now of corse she’s perks up well if I may say so but I realized something , that being the depth that the F55 has .

Geez compared to a smaller body of coarse it’s goung to sound softer or lower of volume it’s a physics thing right ? I don’t know really I don’t have enough experience with jumbos but it makes sense lol

Thing is I feel it’s stealthy in the sense that it’s lower tone due to size having more low end which you guys well know lol but really it’s very capable of keeping up in its designed sonic range !’

All I can truly say when playing this elephant is Wow ! It’s one full momma jamba lol

Between the two flip sides of these guitars I have to honestly say they compliment each other in a amazing way . It’s most enjoyable and now that I think about it I’d like to record a tune with both to prove that point or at least try to prove it lol

K that’s it Happy Thanksgivings in case I forget later lol :?

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
WE all like having different sounds in our arsenal. It's also fun to pick up the guitar that has not been in the rotation, of late , and get a smile on your face, when you remember why you bought it.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
WE all like having different sounds in our arsenal. It's also fun to pick up the guitar that has not been in the rotation, of late , and get a smile on your face, when you remember why you bought it.
Amen brother John.

Mark WW

Reaction score
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by JohnW63

Well that being said I should have a frozen smile plastered to my mug forever.