Reaction score
Exploitation?

Given the lipstick, makeup, etc., yes.

walrus

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Oh God, please make it stop ! Please stop making little girls look like adults and do adult things.

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Dunno Doc.

I understand little girls playing in mommy's makeup, but this just creeped me out.

Last edited:

Bikerdoc

Reaction score
While my grand daughter liked the video, my daughter would never, ever approve. And my son the preacher would well, just go fundamentalist holy roller on his daughter. No, no, no. My son is NOT a snake charming roll in the isle type. LOL

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
While my grand daughter liked the video, my daughter would never, ever approve. And my son the preacher would well, just go fundamentalist holy roller on his daughter. No, no, no. My son is NOT a snake charming roll in the isle type. LOL

I never really got this whole phenomenon either, or at least, the "child beauty pageant" thing.
It just hit me:
Some little girls want to play with Barbie dolls, some little girls want to be Barbie dolls.
Playing dress up at home like Sandy said is one thing.
It's when parents get involved in promoting the whole schtick and pressuring the kid to perform that the thing gets creepy and I'm sure at least a little unhealthy for the kids, psychologically and maybe healthwise, too, from the stress.
I mean, look what happened to Shirley Temple:
She grew up and became a politician.