This fascinated me...

jedzep

Reaction score
Last edited:

swiveltung

Reaction score
Yeah, hard to figure that. I think people get carried away with project guitars. Sometimes it just doesn't add up. Almost like you are better selling a guitar as "needs repair"

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Wrong thread - deleted

Last edited:

[J.K.]

Reaction score
That's insane, especially considering a similar one sold for about the same price in condition that was almost assuredly more than playable.

I've seen some really weird flukes with some of the earlier F-series models recently. I had an amazing F-20 slip out of my hands for less than $500 because of a bad wireless connection recently, and then saw another one in slightly worse condition go for nearly twice as much a week later. I'm assuming half of it is impulse and people being not particularly interested in waiting. eBay is much more of a wild west than other sites like Reverb, generally.

Fun secret: the Guitar Center used guitars pages will often have older Guild guitars and other cool sleeper brands sit around for reasonable prices for months at a time, it seems.

geoguy

Reaction score
Well, at least the buyer & seller don't have to worry about the guitar's finish cracking when it is shipped in cold weather . . .

[J.K.]

Reaction score
Second verse, same as the first?
At least the seller was thoroughly honest about all the problems.

It actually doesn't look terrible (the shipping is the most egregious sleight), but the cost of taking that in would be insane. It's a shame, too, because it looks like it could be a decent player.
A neck reset with a new nut and saddle (and who knows if the bridge is lifting) seems like it would set the minimum tech bench cost to $500+ at the very least. Factor in fret replacement and leveling along with whatever other issues might pop up with the soundboard when it's in that shape for so long, and it's an interesting gamble.
Maybe an at-home luthier will pick it up as a project, but even then...

EDIT: Scratch that, looks like the shipping dropped from $200 to $150, but a quarter inch jack hole drilled into the bottom sprung up since the last listing.

Last edited:

[J.K.]

Reaction score
The recent "in dire need of repair" F-30 is about to scratch $1000 now. Did someone famous play one in the last few months or something?