Bartlett guitar mike

silverfox103

Reaction score
First time I've seen it, but could be interested in it myself. It could be exactly what I need for my Mark VI. Reading the testimonials, the fellow from Slovakia, that played a nylon string guitar, seemed very happy with it. It's priced fairly, made in the USA, which is very important to me and Christmas is just around the corner. Maybe it will be under the tree.

Brad, keep us updated and thanks for finding it.

Tom

PittPastor

Reaction score
I wish they had a set-up and play video instead of the artist already posed and ready to start video.

The issue I have always had with things like this (I’ve never tried the Bartlett) is the incidental noise it picks up. The sound of a sleeve rubbing on the flat top, the sound of the cable twisting slightly, the sound of the palm touching the instrument. that kind of thing. I have never seen one of these that made me feel I was free to run about the stage.

I wish they would do a start to stop vid. In the meantime, I look forward to anyone who gets it and tries it out.

“My guitar only louder” remains the holy grail.

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Never seen that, either. But it seems expensive for what it is.

Makes me recall how back in the 80s I would buy a similar condenser mic capsule from Radio Shack for about 5 bucks and, with a 9v battery for power, install it into an instrument. A lot of you will remember how in those days a decent-sounding pickup system was pretty rare. I gave that up as better options became available.

"My guitar only louder" is, indeed, the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
it reminds me of the iRig mic though not as cheap but it did bring a question to mind as with the iRig where ever you place the mic you lost some volume form the opposite strings so I wonder if this mic would react the same way ? I like the idea of quick removal and install .

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hello

Common problems with ALL these small mikes:

They are omnidirectional - which is good for recording, but bad for pa because of feedback issues.
Usually the mounting is too stiff - thus handling etc noises.

I got me a bunch of Shure miniature mikes and tried them in my guitars - sadly with poor success - due to aforementioned reasons.

As of them being dynamic or condenser - both can be excellent or poor or anything between. Condensers can be made smaller more easily.

So - as final line - you can safely experiment with just about any mike - but to try to find RIGHT LOCATION is crucial.

My 2c

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hello

Common problems with ALL these small mikes:

They are omnidirectional - which is good for recording, but bad for pa because of feedback issues.
Usually the mounting is too stiff - thus handling etc noises.

I got me a bunch of Shure miniature mikes and tried them in my guitars - sadly with poor success - due to aforementioned reasons.

As of them being dynamic or condenser - both can be excellent or poor or anything between. Condensers can be made smaller more easily.

So - as final line - you can safely experiment with just about any mike - but to try to find RIGHT LOCATION is crucial.

My 2c

I agree with that . I have dual condenser mic in one of my guitars and mic placement makes it breaks it . There out of phase to help reduce feed back so it’s said .
I’ve only recorded with it so I don’t know how it would work in a live performance.