Guitars home alone.....

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I got up there to see what was going on, and it was a big slash pile on fire, which was in a clearing. But it was pretty big, and I was looking at the nearby trees. But nobody was there. Jeez, shouldn't somebody be watching this?
Given what happened in California just a couple of weeks ago one would think, "Uh, yeah...."

Anyway, I called 911, got the local fire crew to check it out. But man, I was freaked out there for a minute!
Understandable, but, good lord man don't leave us hanging!
What'd they say about an untended burn?

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Understandable, but, good lord man don't leave us hanging!
What'd they say about an untended burn?

Oh, that's just what they do. :shocked: Not such a big deal. The fire captain was nice, but showed me a much bigger slash pile burn (photo on his phone) that was indeed shooting HUGE flames in the air. It was like, you did the right thing calling it in, but the time is right for these burns, yada yada. OK, good to know!

I didn't lose any sleep that night. It was another nice sunset....

hop683.jpg

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Oh, that's just what they do. :shocked: Not such a big deal. The fire captain was nice, but showed me a much bigger slash pile burn (photo on his phone) that was indeed shooting HUGE flames in the air. It was like, you did the right thing calling it in, but the time is right for these burns, yada yada. OK, good to know!
Yeah!
I didn't lose any sleep that night. It was another nice sunset....

hop683.jpg

Oh yeah.
I saw something like that a couple of months back here in Silicon Valley for the first time in my life, because we don't often get those kind of clouds at that time of day.
But the sun was reflecting off some tops just like the ones in the middle left of center, so fluorescent it looked like a Peter Max painting.
So pulled out the binocs and through those you'd swear it was a couple of mountains around which lava was flowing around the sides from behind, but coming together in a valley and spreading out on a plateau just below it.
Spent a couple of hours looking at cloud and even lava flow images on Google to try to find another example, but only found "close", nothing really the same.
With natural panoramas like that who needs psychedelics?
:biggrin-new:
These are about the closest things I could find:
New%2Blava%2Bflows%2Bopen%2Bon%2Bactive%2BHawaii%2Bvolcano.jpg

Altocumulus-clouds-illuminated-by-Sunset-.jpg

:friendly_wink: