spiculated nodules

Bikerdoc

Reaction score
My wife is sick. Doctors discovered spots on her lungs. Round nodules that have become spiculated and of real concern. She's a non smoker but that doesn't always mean much. Malignant? We don't know just yet. She'll be having a biopsy soon. But either way she's determined to have what ever the growths are removed. Keep her in your thoughts and prayers if you're a believer.
Peace
Doc

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers coming from here, too, Doc.

walrus

Antney

Reaction score
In my thoughts and prayers doc. I’m sure lots of good people here with the same sentiments. Keep us posted please.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Doc:
Prayers from TN and medicine has come sooooo far, especially, when dealing with cancer.
I was diagnosed with Leukemia In 2016 and every thing goes through your mind. I had and still have a wonderful doctor and nurses at the Sarah Cannon Center in Dickson. When you get past that "kick in th stomach" -- my advice to you and your wife is NEVER NEVER give up and stay as POSITIVE as you can be.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
My wife is sick. Doctors discovered spots on her lungs. Round nodules that have become spiculated and of real concern. She's a non smoker but that doesn't always mean much. Malignant? We don't know just yet. She'll be having a biopsy soon. But either way she's determined to have what ever the growths are removed. Keep her in your thoughts and prayers if you're a believer.
Peace
Doc

You got it Doc I’ll ask many times .
Sorry to hear the news . I know she doesn’t know me but give her a hug .

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
My wife just went through a double mastectomy. Luckily the mammogram caught things very early , but she was having none of the half measures stuff and was telling each doc along the way it was time to convert to bolt on breasts.

The first diagnoses was a punch to the gut and mind. What helped as learning as much about what she had and how far it had gone and what could be done. You make a plan and you march through every door. You don't wait long for each doc office to make your next referral appointment, you call ahead and do it for them, if you haven't heard in a few days. The biggest thing was finding the BEST hospital / treatment center you can find. We went to City of Hope in Duarte California. I highly recommend them, now. Places the specialize in cancer know what to do and how to treat their patients.

Since about 2016, there has been an explosion of immunotherapy drugs to get your body to fight the cancer. In Australia, they just announced a quick blood test to detect cancer at 95% reliable rate. The point is, every day, new stuff is coming out to find and fight cancer. Be your own advocate. If you don't like one doc, find another.

Time to play the Rocky theme and get on it.

Bikerdoc

Reaction score
Second and third opinions revealed that the modules are not malignant, will not be cancerous, and while they may or may not continue to grow they are not going to present a problem. Full blood makeup and PET scans determined there's only good news. Stress is gone and we're looking forward to another joyous year on our motorcycle. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Second and third opinions revealed that the modules are not malignant, will not be cancerous, and while they may or may not continue to grow they are not going to present a problem. Full blood makeup and PET scans determined there's only good news. Stress is gone and we're looking forward to another joyous year on our motorcycle. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.
The best of news Bikerdoc and so thankful the news was good. This will be a joyous season and the doctor reports got to tatoo a smile on both your faces.

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
Peace
Doc

Doc,
I was diagnosed with prostate cancer last December and treated with radiation for 28 15 minute sessions last June. I'm feeling alright now. Have faith in our medical system! They do the best with the miracles they have designed.
You have all our prayers!
Rich

P.S. Just saw the later posts. Anyway, our prayers continue to be with you at all times.