Newark Starfire IV bridges

DThomasC

Reaction score
The issues with the website are largely historic. E.g. the T400 was listed as having a 24.75" scale length and a master volume when it has neither. It's a new regime now and things may well have improved

I hope they're improved, but errors do exist. They continue to describe both the Aristocrat and Bluesbird as having chambered bodies when the Aristocrat is fully hollow just like a big archtop.

They also refer to the Franz pickups as P-90's. Although it's true that the Franzs are very similar to P-90's, they are not interchangeable. That is to say that you can't remove a Franz and install an aftermarket P-90 without modifying the instrument. It's not a super big deal, but it's still incorrect information.

FWIW, I have received great customer service when dealing directly with Cordoba. I have no complaints with the company per se, but they do seem to be continuing the long Guild tradition of marketing material being less than 100% accurate. It's interesting because I believe most of current material predates Cordoba and was originated when Guild was owned by FMIC. I can't say I spend much time on the Fender website, but I haven't heard of any errors there. Maybe they exist and I'm just not aware of it.

In the end I don't take any of it very seriously. It's an almost entertaining quirk.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
It's interesting because I believe most of current material predates Cordoba and was originated when Guild was owned by FMIC. I can't say I spend much time on the Fender website, but I haven't heard of any errors there. Maybe they exist and I'm just not aware of it.
Yes, prior to New Hartford at least, that I know of for sure, errors existed under Fender too, and they took forever to correct 'em, in some cases never did.
Just revamped the whole website.
Like you, what's more important to me right now is your report of great customer service attitude.