Ngd!!! 97 d-30

PTC Bernie

Reaction score
Hi all!

Some of you may have seen my other thread with the D-30 that the owner had for sale, pulled it at the last moment, then changed his mind again and finally sold the D-30.

I thought I'd post a new thread rather than add to that one.

So, here it is!

1997 D-30 BL. ( maybe someone can explain the "BL" at the end of the model code. "Blonde" would be the obvious choice, but aren't all D-30's natural top...?)

She's in excellent shape, only very minor wear marks here and there and not finish issues that I can find.

I finally managed to get some pictures up on photo bucket, so without further adieu...........

IMG_0965_zpswv1ghteh.jpg

IMG_0966_zps7flef0i7.jpg

IMG_0968_zpsaivfwu8o.jpg

IMG_0969_zpsldaetspk.jpg

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Congrats!
"Blonde" refers to the B/S being natural maple, as opposed to burst. There also might have been some with the B/S stained with the "burgundy" colored stain Guild used on a lot of their instruments (I know there were G-37s in this coloration, as NT).

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Beautiful guitar and Guild is number one, IMO, when it comes to maple.

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Congrats!
"Blonde" refers to the B/S being natural maple, as opposed to burst. There also might have been some with the B/S stained with the "burgundy" colored stain Guild used on a lot of their instruments (I know there were G-37s in this coloration, as NT).

Enjoy!

The D 30 also came in the Tennessee Orange color. It's another one I wish I hadn't sold. It would have looked sweet next to the X-170 I just picked up here on the LTG forum.

beecee

Reaction score
Beauty! Love maple guitars!!

I like the three items on your mantle too!!

PTC Bernie

Reaction score
Beauty! Love maple guitars!!

I like the three items on your mantle too!!

Yes, you might notice that the Taylor in my signature is also a 600 series, Maple. But the D-30 has always been a real beauty IMHO.

Interesting that you commented on the items on the mantle. The moonshot is from an observatory my sister visited.

The flag is my Dad's from his funeral.

The towers, well, long story, but I have a strong connection there.

And, Richardp69 and Adhorski, yes, now that you mention it I have seen black and orange, but, as you say.." Why......?" ;-}

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Gorgeous! Looks pristine. I love the look of nicely figured maple.

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
very cool congrats and enjoy! Izzy Stradlin from Guns n Roses played/plays one of those.

u ever see any Bloodkin shows in Athens?? They are great. Also Danny Hutchens has a black GF-25 from the same era, but he doesnt play it out too often aymore. enjoy the D-30!

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
....1997 D-30 BL.... She's in excellent shape, only very minor wear marks here and there and not finish issues that I can find.....

Whoa, baby! That looks to be a killer 6-string! It seems to have a little extra width across the lower bout? Would love to hear a sound test. :tiger:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Whoa, baby! That looks to be a killer 6-string! It seems to have a little extra width across the lower bout?
Nahhh, it's just the photo angle, although one member says his is slightly deeper than his other dreads, which I attribute to known variation in the depth of the body bucks used in Westerly.
Hans explained once that with as much as a +/-1/4" tolerance from spec depth on each buck, it's possible for 2 pieces built right next to each other to have as much as a cumulative 1/2" difference in body depth!
:shocked:
(Pretty sure I got the measurements right but hope he corrects me if I screwed up how it happened)

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Even Black (!) although I can't understand why anybody'd want that!

https://reverb.com/item/2371526-guild-d30-90-s-black

zsdrgbucqbaoixbt9v2a.jpg

C'mon Al. you're a real buzz kill and right near Christmas as well. I'm a real sucker for a shiny black guitar. It's a bitch to keep them lookin' good but shined up, I believe them to be spectacular. And I gotta say, I still have real fond memories of my old Orange one. Well, different strokes I guess.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
C'mon Al. you're a real buzz kill and right near Christmas as well. I'm a real sucker for a shiny black guitar.
So is Hans but I think only Johnny Cash should play black acoustic guitars, and even his Guilds were natural and 'burst..
:biggrin-new:

bobouz

Reaction score
My G-37 would feel like a proud papa, giving way in later years to the D-30.

Congrats on your new beauty!

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Nice D-30! One of my favorite Guild models, I 've seen them in several colors, and in sunburst.