Any winter NAMM gossip?

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any early leaks re: winter NAMM (end-Jan), Folks? Just curious if anyone's heard anything. No sign of anything (yet) on guildguitars.com

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I hear Godin is coming out with a line of acoustics.

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
I figure CMG's gotta' have something planned. I haven't heard boo though.

Like utilizing the pre-existing Oxnard resources to create a non-classical acoustic line for Cordoba.. Maybe they already have one.. Don't know?

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Any early leaks re: winter NAMM (end-Jan), Folks? Just curious if anyone's heard anything. No sign of anything (yet) on guildguitars.com

I work for Freeman and we produce that and summer NAMM every year.. I am not involved with it ( don't ask me how that happened ) but we do have people on the ground. I will turn over stones on my end..

Brad Little

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Like utilizing the pre-existing Oxnard resources to create a non-classical acoustic line for Cordoba.. Maybe they already have one.. Don't know?
There's been a line of Cordoba steel string acoustics for several years, think they're all MIC.

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I doubt they’d enter into competition with themselves. Just like they wouldn’t reintroduce the Guild Mark series, which would compete with Cordobas.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Epiphone introducing DC Pro a modernized version of 70s Del Ray double cut.

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score

Yeah I seen that with good looking book matching maple tops. At first look I thought Ibanez artist ,always wanted one . Lol

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
There is a Randy Rhoads tribute show happening at NAMM this year. I know Frank Hannon from Tesla is playing it. not sure of any other details

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I doubt they’d enter into competition with themselves. Just like they wouldn’t reintroduce the Guild Mark series, which would compete with Cordobas.

If I'd bought the Guild brand, I'd milk it for all it's worth! I mean, marketing-wise, maybe not just re-badge a CMG, but why not re-introduce Guild Marks!? FYI, I'm not suggesting they're doing anything like that, but they've already shown they want to experiment with new Guild models... Building Guild Marks, for example, would be cake for them.

dbirchett

Reaction score

I had one of the Del Reys. Replaced the pickups and some of the hardware and it wasn't too bad of a guitar. Sold it to buy a Sheraton and then sold that to buy my Starfire V. Nice upgrades each time.