Reaction score
Since Im on a roll
Heres another
W58ph6.jpg

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Wow! Another beautiful top! You ARE on a roll!

walrus

shihan

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Wow #2! I’m not crazy about gold hardware, (says the X-500 owner) but it looks fabulous with that finish. I hope you’ve set aside plenty of time to play your new acquisitions!

DThomasC

Reaction score
Looks original to me. Guild put a bridge and tailpiece on the NB's that was slightly chunkier than the usual Gotohs. Kind of boxy with the lateral adjustment screws. I've forgotten who made them, but the threads are metric even at a time when most stuff was still imperial.

EDIT: wait a minute. Who am I to be telling you?

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
My Nightbird has that same bridge. Locking screws at the sides. (I've had other bridges on the guitar since getting it, but the chunky bridge is the original.)

Lovely top on this one! I really like maple tops with lotsa curly striations in the wood.

-Dave-

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Beautiful top! Nice score, Steve! I love that orange burst which is like the LavaBurst. That's now the third I've seen with that finish.

Yes - the bridge and tailpiece are original. Here's one of mine to compare (this one's a GG):

GuildNightbirdGGMaple.jpg

2nevets

Reaction score
Gary
It looks just like the one I sold to you that you sold back to me that I sold to you and then sold back to me ;-)

The Guilds of Grot

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Looks original to me. Guild put a bridge and tailpiece on the NB's that was slightly chunkier than the usual Gotohs. Kind of boxy with the lateral adjustment screws. I've forgotten who made them, but the threads are metric even at a time when most stuff was still imperial.

EDIT: wait a minute. Who am I to be telling you?

I'm not as good on the newer stuff! That's why I threw it out there thank you everybody for setting me straight!

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Gary
It looks just like the one I sold to you that you sold back to me that I sold to you and then sold back to me ;-)

The LavaBurst! That one's got non-standard parts on it, though, and always has. I believe Hans said it looked like an employee build or something along those lines. This new one looks legit!

I *love* the flame pattern on the new one! Is it 3D-looking from an angle? I think I have another one that's the same finish. I'm so deep into writing technology these days that I can't even remember what I have anymore. How sad is that? Well, when I get the new book done I'll be able to get back to reviews!

Ahh- here it is:

Nightbird-LesPaul.jpg

Nightbird GG on the left, 2018 Les Paul R9 in the middle, and I can't remember what on the right. Either a II or a Custom. I think I need a break. :tan:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey Steve - did you get it from CME? That looks kind of like their kind of pic.

Did I mention that's a damn fine good-looking guitar?