Bridge suggestions for my T500

rshinn32

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I recently bought and installed, a Callaham bridge. The sustain is awesome. But, now the guitar sound very metalic and tinny. I'm wonder if anybody has suggestions or thoughts about bridges that give a nice twangy sound with plenty of sustain.

Thanks much.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Correct me if I am wrong but originally the GSR T-500 came with Graphtech String Saver saddle pieces, right?
"String Saver Originals are made entirely of our String Saver material and give you a more balanced tone than steel saddles. On first listen, some people believe that the top end has gone away. All that is missing is the 2KHz spike; what's added opens up a whole new world of sonic possibilities! Once your ears get used to the new sound, you will start to hear all the added harmonic content that String Saver Saddles reveal."
So it could be that the tone sounds now more "metalic" to your ears with the new Callaham bridge.
Ralf

rshinn32

Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong but originally the GSR T-500 came with Graphtech String Saver saddle pieces, right?
"String Saver Originals are made entirely of our String Saver material and give you a more balanced tone than steel saddles. On first listen, some people believe that the top end has gone away. All that is missing is the 2KHz spike; what's added opens up a whole new world of sonic possibilities! Once your ears get used to the new sound, you will start to hear all the added harmonic content that String Saver Saddles reveal."
So it could be that the tone sounds now more "metalic" to your ears with the new Callaham bridge.
Ralf

Here's a picture of the bridge that came on the guitar. I presume it is the original. I was told that the tun-a-matic would have much better sustain. Which it does. But, unfortunately, it, rather dramatically, altered the quality of the sound to. I almost feel like the guitar now has a resonator on it. :( Anyway, I'm going swap the original pickups out with a set of Alnico Staple P90 and, when I do that, I'll probably go back to the original saddle unless anybody has a suggestion for something they think might be better than the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdrpc6HyebE

Last edited:

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Edit: Darn, I expected it to upload the file. I am able to load it into my local browser. I don't see any way to, explicitely, upload files. Is there, in fact, no way to do it? I've got to have the file on a server somewhere that can be loaded with the URL?

Yep, you need to host pics somewhere accessible by the Internets.

The Staple pickups are terrific. Kinda in-between a DeArmond 2000 (Dyna'Sonic) and a P90 in character. Not long ago I got to play a 1955 Gibson ES-350 with a pair of the originals. Man, what an elegant sounding guitar!

You might be able to lose the extra brightness of the Callaham while still keeping more sustain than your guitar's stock bridge by switching to a more vintage-y TOM. Pigtail makes one in aluminum and zinc (per '50s originals) versions, both with nickel plating.

-Dave-

Last edited:

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
What is the original problem that you're trying to solve?