Anticipating NGD - JF-55

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Looks nice congrats . What issues if I may ask ?

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Hope any negatives are microscopic and you get years of great play. Let us know all about it after you get it.

Grassdog

Reaction score

Grassdog

Reaction score
Looks nice congrats . What issues if I may ask ?

A view of the fretboard repair

a>

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I don't think the neck was reset but thats just a guess going by the break angle on the strings . Bridge in the pic has a whiteish glue like look possible reglue ?
Fretboard looks ok . I say score enjoy ! 😁

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Agreed with Ray on that.. nice score on an awesome instrument. As a RW jumbo owner ( F55 ) I can attest they are great! So is maple too though.. I hope issues are minimal and you get tons of great songs out of her..

Grassdog

Reaction score
Thanks - I'll forward pics as soon as I get her (after the obligatory 24 hour acclimation period at winter temps - luckily she doesn't have to travel too far - Chicago to Cincinnati). Then she goes to my luthier for a thorough checkup. Not sure how I feel about the factory installed electronics. If anyone has an opinion on those, I would appreciate it.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
i'm not sure what that hole is in the fretboard binding high up.... part of the repair? Anyway, little cosmetic stuff, but if it plays well and you like the sound then it's GOLD!! What a pretty guitar! Congrats, let us know when you get it. you need new electronics and having to reroute the controls to the old knobs is kinda pointless. So get new ones and just leave the old ones alone. Well, that's MY suggestion. You'll get a thousand more and different ones!!

bobouz

Reaction score
i'm not sure what that hole is in the fretboard binding high up....

That's just where a fingerboard edge fret marker inlay-dot was. It fell out, leaving the hole.

The edge dots correspond to the block inlays on the fingerboard.

beecee

Reaction score
Pretty grain on that top!

Good luck!

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well for better or worse, I pulled the trigger on a JF-55. Should be delivered early next week.

Congrats! Looks like a beauty! You're going to love it! Chicago Music Exchange is an excellent outfit.

Reaction score
Congrats Grassdog, she looks good!
Have both maple and rosewood jumbos, and I love them all, but I like the rosewood when I want a warmer, full-bodied sound. And I have not played that factory Fishman electronic set up, so I can’t say if it’s good or not, but I have had a lot of other Fishman gear, still do in fact, and it’s good quality stuff. For its time, it was considered a pretty good system.
If you ever decide to change it, I’d suggest the K&K pure mini and the K&K pure Preamp.
Good luck with your new baby!

Grassdog

Reaction score
Chicago Music Exchange sure knows how to pack/ship guitars. It hasn't been 24 hours yet but I'll unpack her later today and post some photos

TblsxkCl.jpg
[/IMG]

T4wpOvPl.jpg
[/IMG]

ujQluZEl.jpg
[/IMG]

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I agree. I've dealt with them quite a bit. They've always been honest and forthright about gear I've purchased from them. I've also sold them several pieces of well and they were pretty fair there as well. And, I agree, they do a nice job in the pack and ship department.