Guitar Technique with James Taylor

CA-35

Reaction score
James talks about his style of playing. He opens by talking about the man who built his guitar but I didnt catch the name. Enjoy............

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
He opens by talking about the man who built his guitar but I didnt catch the name.
Here you go: "James Olson" http://olsonguitars.com/

Nice video about James Taylor ! Thanks for sharing!

Regarding James Olson guitars: Doyle Dykes for instance had switched to Olson when he quit the contract with Guild:

Ralf

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Cool and Olson's rule ! I don't see me ever getting one lol

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
My luthier told me that James' guitars are something like $25K. I don't see myself owning one either!

gjmalcyon

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I've posted this before (I think): James Taylor's take on tuning. Turns out the "ACU" setting on Peterson Stoboclip tuners is his sweetened tuning.

Grassdog

Reaction score
There's no doubt Olson's are great guitars but I think we know it's mostly about the player and technique. Spending $25K on a guitar won't make any of us sound like JT. I'd venture to say JT can make almost anything sound great. Wasn't his main axe a Gibson J-50 in the early days?

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
An Olson costs $25K (or thereabouts) 'cuz James Olson can only make so many of 'em in a given amount of time and the demand is so high. The price is a way of making sure the people who place orders and put down deposits are serious about it.

-Dave-

F312

Reaction score
An Olson costs $25K (or thereabouts) 'cuz James Olson can only make so many of 'em in a given amount of time and the demand is so high. The price is a way of making sure the people who place orders and put down deposits are serious about it.

-Dave-

...Oh, they are serious alright, that's serious money. I could buy 5 or 10 good guitars for that kind of $$$.

Ralph