My wife is a US citizen today!

Grassdog

Reaction score
Awesome congrats :) I was hoping as I was reading this that she might have been Asian then I would of asked if she had any relatives you all could hook me up with . Yeah I'm on a dating site or two , thing is they all want me to take them traveling and feed them bottles of wine that sounds kind of ok if I had the funds but the worst of it is when they say their work out nuts and go to the gym 4 days a week. Sorry that would kill me and I'm guessing thats the plan so they can get your death money .

Also they all have University Degrees or undergraduate degrees which I'm still trying to understand , they went to collage but didn't graduate or something I'm confused guess I'm a undergrad to. Thats one side of the selections the other is well , oh boy ok their the same age as me but look like my grandmother God rest her soul . I mean they ollld looking, lose skin flabby everything wrinkles every where, blue hair and flower shirts form the 60's and I ain't talking Tie Die baby ! Some are even puckering up for a kiss in the pictures and all i keep seeing is the grandmother from Bill and Teds excellent adventure the one where they go to Hell and face their worst fears , Yup thats the one I see !

Theres is a third type and I don't want to come across wrong or sound mean but it couldn't work out as I don't have enough strength to roll them through the door if'n they'd fit.
Man it's not like the old days , what the heck happened ?

Anyway congrats just take comfort in knowing generically I'm Brit but there ain't no way in heck I''m living there well wait a sec they do have lots of beer no no no can't do it .
Congrats again :)

OMG Ray you're cracking me up. I think you need to start a new thread about online dating

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
Yes, this made me wonder if that was still possible, as I lived with some folks for awhile whose Mrs was dual Australian/ US citizen; she was born there and married a US citizen.
Don't recall if I ever learned the specifics of how she managed it but there was some extra petititioning involved, I think.

In my case getting British citizenship was straightforward since I was born on "British soil" to a British mother. Mainly just paperwork.

-Dave-

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
...Yeah I'm on a dating site or two , thing is they all want me to take them traveling and feed them bottles of wine that sounds kind of ok if I had the funds but the worst of it is when they say their work out nuts and go to the gym 4 days a week.... Man it's not like the old days , what the heck happened ?

Stick with it, Ray! But you've got to comb through their profiles to nix the "poor matches." And it may take time. It's rare when it really clicks. One in 10 maybe. I should know. I did that for years. Went out with half the women in L.A. :wink: It came to be fun! Met a lot of interesting ladies. Yeah, you ought to buy 'em dinner. I guess you could just meet for coffee. I ended up falling for this woman in Salt Lake, 700 miles away! Not only that, she had a conference in New Orleans and suggested we first meet there. Heck, I'd never been to New Orleans. It went well! Two weeks later I asked her to marry me. She said yes. Been married now 20 years! :encouragement:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I'd run out of gas half way there 😑