Gone but not forgotten........

CA-35

Reaction score
This is one of my favorite scenes from The Blues Brothers movie. All the major players are gone; Aretha Franklin, John Lee Hooker, Matt "Guitar" Murphy and the legend John Belushi. Only Dan Akroyd still remains.

"You have any white bread?" "Yes" "I'll have white toast" "You want any butter or jam on that toast?" "No mam, dry"
"You have any fried chicken" "Best damn chicken in the state" "Bring me 4 fried chickens and a Coke" "You want chicken wings or chicken legs?" "4 fried chickens and a coke" "And some dry white toast please"

Enjoy.......................

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Twiggy in an E-type and Carrie Fisher heavily armed. Life lived large.

Sadly, as we all know, Carrie, too, is gone.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
One of my favorite and most-watched movies, and of all of it, that's easily my favorite scene. Someone recently posted a picture of a young John Lee Hooker with a Guild and I had to explain to my family that it was the guy outside the chicken joint in the Blues Brothers.

I seem to recall reading that the movie revitalized the career of Arethra Franklin, which I love because that was kind of the message of the movie to begin with.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Those scenes put a smile on my face. My first computer teacher dressed up like a blues brother for Halloween, one year.