Lookie what FedupsX brought me .

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I seen so NH made a F30 and F30r standard and a F30 Aragon right . I figure for conversation purposes I'd ask instead of looking it up . ��

"Yes", also the last "one true F40" bodies.
So far, anyway.
:friendly_wink:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
"Yes", also the last "one true F40" bodies.
So far, anyway.

Ok I'm getting a little off track , so NH had a F40 with a 16 " lower bout ?

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
They had a GSR F40 Cocobolo:
http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/sh...ssions-about-the-Guild-F40-GSR-Cocobolo/page2

and the F47's were grand auditoriums originally derived from F40's. (like your F47 Koa)
http://www.letstalkguild.com/ltg/showthread.php?168145-F47R-opinions

I could never bond with the F47 it just lacked in so many ways and I played one of Neal's at that time I was hot on the trail for that model as it seemed the best both worlds but it was not to be so longer in consideration unless some collector thing happens upon my we little brain lmao

Yes the Coco !!!!! I'm very interested I've been drooling for a chance at one . 😁

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Yes the Coco !!!!! I'm very interested I've been drooling for a chance at one . ��
W-e-e-ell... remember the GSR's were limited to 20 pieces assuming they completed that many, so you might be waiting for a while.
IN the meantime an F47Rce might scratch the itch (had to take the ce if you wanted rosewood back, otherwise, the traditional F40 was arched maple back)
Not sure if this old link will work for everyone, but this is (was) the F40 that was produced in NH. Mahogany / Red Spruce
https://guildguitars.com/g/f-40-valencia/
Tommy
Thank you yes I forget about that one because I associate the 'hog flatback with the F47.

Last edited:

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
W-e-e-ell... remember the GSR's were limited to 20 pieces assuming they completed that many, so you might be waiting for a while.
IN the meantime an F47Rce might scratch the itch (had to take the ce if you wanted rosewood back, otherwise, the traditional F40 was arched maple back)

Thank you yes I forget about that one because I associate the 'hog flatback with the F47.

Yes got the limited run concept .
No no no no ..... No F47's in my house ever ! Unless someone else owns it 😁

I played/bought that burst aTacoma F40 it was a dud not just because of it's lack of humity control but it sounded like the GC F30RC I traveled to play both terrible !

I never gave the F40 another thought but I also didn't think about the CV-1 being the same guitar basically and I hate admit and maybe I'm an odd ball but that guitar was nice and had a sound that just grew on you to the point where I played it 80% of the time . Once I realized it was the F40 I mean really realized it I added it back into my want list but I have to get over the bad one I returned ( king !)

A NH I never thought of but now. ... Oh boy ..... 😑

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
New Hartford also made a GSR Cocobolo back and sides F30Rce if I recall correctly. Ray, you can look up "Guild GSR" on Reverb and Ebay and a few of the F40 Cocobolo models may still be listed. I do remember seeing a GSR F30Rce Cocobolo model listed not too long ago as well. I absolutely love my GSR D50 Cocobolo. My favorite tone wood of all time because of that guitar.

TX

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
New Hartford also made a GSR Cocobolo back and sides F30Rce if I recall correctly. Ray, you can look up "Guild GSR" on Reverb and Ebay and a few of the F40 Cocobolo models may still be listed. I do remember seeing a GSR F30Rce Cocobolo model listed not too long ago as well. I absolutely love my GSR D50 Cocobolo. My favorite tone wood of all time because of that guitar.

TX

I'll take a look but no buying I'll get in over my head . I've looked over the GSR models when I bought GSR F 47 but I don't retain the info long lol

Bill Ashton

Reaction score
Guild Total
I am late to the picnic, but the very first GSR, introduced at the same time the first Standard Series was shown (at LMG 1), was an F40 with Carpethian Spruce top and Cocobolo back and sides.

At LMG III I think it was, Kim had a "return" that he had purchased, which I found sublime. Wonder if he still has it? It was replaced with another under warranty but he couldn't find anything wrong with it...neither could I (sigh).

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
I am late to the picnic, but the very first GSR, introduced at the same time the first Standard Series was shown (at LMG 1), was an F40 with Carpethian Spruce top and Cocobolo back and sides.

At LMG III I think it was, Kim had a "return" that he had purchased, which I found sublime. Wonder if he still has it? It was replaced with another under warranty but he couldn't find anything wrong with it...neither could I (sigh).

Maybe the person didn't take to the sound ???

If everything is in line those woods should Devine .

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Nice guitar, rayk. BTW, is your Christmas tree still up?

Hunukkah bush , it's going into the trash all the needles are falling off ,it's been in the shed ever since I kicked the Ex out .

I could of stuffed her in the tree bag as it was plenty big enough but I'm not that type of preson I just cursed her to total damnation . I do have to say carring the tree around in that bag is just like carrying a body it feels the same anyway.

F312

Reaction score
Nice guitars Ray. Let's not forget the NH "Reno" F30R, My stars.

NH was really taking off fast, with all the models offered before it was sold. I think "IMHO" it should have stayed put, just think, no interruption in production.

Ralph

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Nice guitars Ray. Let's not forget the NH "Reno" F30R, My stars.

NH was really taking off fast, with all the models offered before it was sold. I think "IMHO" it should have stayed put, just think, no interruption in production.

Ralph

Thank you sir , Reno rings a bell but I'm blank at the moment .

Yeah I'd have to agree but Corporate America says otherwise . Let's just hope this home stays put long enough to make it a new Guild a legend .

I can't complain about the F55e I have she is sweet so I feel things will work out.

Hopefully F30's or F35's ? Will get going this year if not this summer . 😊