Newark Street Series bridge question

stig

Reaction score
Hi, folks! Long time, no see. I'm sorry if this has been addressed, but I couldn't find anything through the search.
I have one of the new Newark Street T-Birds and mostly love it. But I'd really like to put a roller bridge on it. Does anyone here know if the Newark Street series guitars use the import spec tune-o-matic bridges - relating to post size and spacing?
I've tried visually comparing one to the bridge on the guitar, and it's really hard to tell. At first glance, the holes actually look a bit large on my comparison bridge vs. the one on the 'Bird.
Thanks!

stig

Reaction score
You could do a search on tune-o-matic and see if that finds some other stuff for you. Good luck.

Thanks. I actually do already have a GFS Tune-O-Matic style roller bridge, sized for imports. But I think I'll have to remove the strings and try swapping it to see if it fits. I was hoping that someone had already done this! lol

chazmo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks. I actually do already have a GFS Tune-O-Matic style roller bridge, sized for imports. But I think I'll have to remove the strings and try swapping it to see if it fits. I was hoping that someone had already done this! lol.

Right, exactly, I hope so too. I guess I feel like this might've been discussed before, stig, I'm just not sure. G'luck.

stig

Reaction score
I can measure later on tonight if need be.

Thanks. I was actually thinking about PM'ing you to ask! lol. I just figured that someone here might know off the top of their head. And with all the reviews you've written, You've had your hands on a lot of these guitars.
I have the bridge and the guitar two feet away from each other, and setting one on top of the other, I just can't tell if the holes are the same. I didn't feel like un-stringing to find out, and I certainly don't want anyone else to go through that trouble just because I'M lazy! But it's looking like that's what I'll have to do.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Looking at this: https://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_an...-matic_Bridges/ABR-1_Tune-o-matic_Bridge.html

It seems that the bridge on my T-Bird ST has the same post spacing of 73.81mm

The holes appear to be 4mm in diameter.

Guild-TBird-BridgeWidth.jpg

stig

Reaction score
Looking at this: https://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_an...-matic_Bridges/ABR-1_Tune-o-matic_Bridge.html

It seems that the bridge on my T-Bird ST has the same post spacing of 73.81mm

The holes appear to be 4mm in diameter.

Guild-TBird-BridgeWidth.jpg

Thanks! That's very helpful. The bridge that I have is this one: https://www.guitarfetish.com/Roller-Bridge-Chrome-plated-fits-Les-Paul_p_661.html
I don't know why, but I can't post pictures on this forum.
The spacing is 73.5, with 6.1 mm post holes.
Guess I need to go shopping! I saw the StewMac one yesterday, and I'm considering that.

stig

Reaction score
stig, are you sure you're measuring the same way as GAD? Just checking. Anyway, good luck in the hunt.

I actually took my numbers from the vendor's specs. (Guitar Fetish Supply) And the bridge DOES have some big post holes.

EatTheBeat

Reaction score
Not sure if I’m too late, but I have the same guitar and when I was looking for roller bridges I found most of them don’t have the same radius as what’s on the T-Bird. That is just one issue. Instead, I just swapped out the tune o matic saddles with roller saddles from eBay. I can’t link the ad from my phone, but if you search “6 roller ellements for tune o matic” it comes up. You have to reuse the intonation screws from the original saddles because the ones with the roller elements don’t fit the bridge. I found that these roller saddles are a nice drop in replacement.