Epi Masterbilt AJ 500M

beecee

Reaction score
Played one today at a friends office.

Pretty darned impressive.

There is a member here who has a few. Any input on these??

looked offer at AGF

Westerly Wood

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
they are epi's answer to the J45, well, on a budget. i hear good things about them

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
I owned one for a while, but didn't really bond with it. IMHO, a Gibson WM45 isn't that much more, and is every bit as good as a J45. They're starting to get a little harder to find now though. I had a WM45, sold it, and then bought another because I missed it so much.

Cougar

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Played one today at a friends office.

Pretty darned impressive.... Any input on these??

That's going to be a booming dread, maybe a little weak on the low E? I had several smaller EF500s with the 1.75" nut. They're all going to be really well made. I think they're all satin, no gloss. They're certainly reasonably priced. Here's a pic of one pulled off reverb for $500.

f140mnxse3ucn0w98x8a.jpg

beecee

Reaction score

twocorgis

Venerated Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Gibson/WM45-Acoustic-Guitar-114847801.gc

LMAO, I thought it said $149. I almost jumped out of bed to grab my credit card.

need more sleep!

It seems like the price of these have gone up quite a bit since I bought mine. You used to be able to buy them for $1100 or less all day, but there doesn't seem to be too many of them around anymore. There's a reason for that too. Ren Ferguson himself told me they were the "smartest Gibson acoustic guitars you can buy" (his words), and I agree. I bought mine from a GC in Dallas TX, and the store manager told me it was the best acoustic guitar in the store, and the GC is Dallas is a big store!

There's one on Reverb for even more money, but it's been up for over a year.