Dreadnut is back in the hospital

geoguy

Reaction score
Best wishes for you, from New England.

Sounds like a diuretic (water) pill might be in your future, along with some more cardiac testing. You're lucky to have those two RNs on your team!

Mark WW

Reaction score
Dayum - Hate to hear this but hopefully with some good tweakage you will be up and running again.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
gg, I've been on diuretic pills but they weren't doing it for a variety of reasons.

Since I've been here they've had me on IV diuretic (Lasix) and believe it or not, in 2 days I've lost 14 lb. That is not a typo, I was really fluid overloaded.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
gg, I've been on diuretic pills but they weren't doing it for a variety of reasons.

Since I've been here they've had me on IV diuretic (Lasix) and believe it or not, in 2 days I've lost 14 lb. That is not a typo, I was really fluid overloaded.

So uh, might explain why you haven't been at the keyboard posting quite as much?
:friendly_wink:

West R Lee

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Hey Marc, I've just read this. I check in here every two or three weeks anymore, so I miss a bunch. I'm not sure what's going on with you, but know you're a pretty tough cookie. Hang in there brother, you're in my prayers.

West

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total

Not to be an "I told you so...." type but i think that's what I'd guessed the other day. You're in a fluid overload situation where they monitor your I's and O's (inputs and outputs) rigorously. Every fluid that goes in is measured and every bit that comes out as well. It's a pain in the a$$ but now that we know what's going on...... they can treat you bro.

They got you covered. I'm sure it says, "I & O" on your room door. They're gonna measure EVERYTHING.

Lasix works. Sorry you're going through this but...... it happens all the time.

Stay calm, follow orders, and message me in the morning, okay??

Updates, please....... :encouragement:

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Dread:
Song somewhere at sometime,
"You Were Always On My Mind" and you are. Praying you will be back to your "normal" life - soon.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
"Not to be an "I told you so...." type" Yeah, see how you are, Tom? LOL

Update: Still on the IV Lasix, down a total of 17 lb. as of this morning. I am breathing so much better, and going for walks without gasping for air.

Playing my Guild and singing will be part of my pulmonary therapy when I get home.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
Breathing is one of those things that most of us take for granted. Speedy recovery!

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yeah, call me a jerk if you want, amigo. But a well-intentioned one!! Wow, 17 pounds? No wonder you couldn't breathe!! That's a lot of fluid collected in ya.......

I'm a huge fan of playing and singing therapy!! This is good news, indeed!!

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Maybe ask for a neck reset while you're there?

Get better soon.
JC just so you know I've already had one of those, kinda. They didn't actually RESET my neck but the bone spurs and spinal cord channel narrowing were causing trouble so what they do, is they go in and FRY the nerves (nerve ablation) from C3-C6 and suddenly my arms don't tingle, I can watch TV's up high in the bar and my hands don't go numb when i ride my bike!!! Pretty cool, huh?? I mean, it's different, but you can still play me like crazy and I won't even know...... :livid: