Reaction score
Right there in the Syracuse paper.

yelzMrr.jpg
[/IMG]

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
"Steven Page has been a longtime user and endorser of Guild acoustic and electric guitars. Guild D-55 acoustics in both natural and sunburst finishes have been Steven's main stage acoustics since the late 90's. You can find many videos and photos of Steven's using his Guild D-55 while performing, most recently at the 2018 Juno awards while performing with the Barenaked Ladies after their Canadian Music Hall of Fame induction." (Source: https://equipboard.com/pros/steven-page/guild-traditional-series-d-55-acoustic-guitar)
Also he was featured in Guild catalogs during Corona times and New Hartford listed him on the Guild webpage with following instruments: D-55, Starfire III, Starfire IV and M-75 Aristocrat.

big_StevenPage-1024x683.jpg

Ralf

Grassdog

Reaction score
His vocals and songwriting are SORELY missed in that band. I used to be a big BNL fan the day. When the band and Stephen parted ways, BNL was never close to what they were before IMHO. And yes, it was always cool seeing him play a D-55.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Not sure the video is up yet, but this woman (Ellen Cherry) played a nice Guild I am too much of a newbie to recognize.

40691551083_ee9e23db85_c.jpg
[/url]

http://www.mpt.org/programs/artworks-season7/728/

Back braces indicate it's flatback so must be an F50R: rosewood B/S.
Ruling out JF-55 version of those because those got abalone rosettes when they moved to black 'guards ca '94, but early ones were tortoise and this one's black; although we know anything's possible with Guild.
So pre-87 (when the "JF" model numbers came in) or post '01 F50R, suspect pre-'87 build due to p/g color shape and color; tortoise looked to be the standard 'guard color when the model number was reinstated in Corona in '02 and thereafter.
Something about pickguard shape makes me lean towards a '70's F50R.
There was a slightly smaller and much rarer model that used that type of neck, the GF-55, but all the pics I can find of those show tortoise 'guards.

Last edited:

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
1975 F-50-R

Mine is same model same year. In this last picture the headstock looks a bit brownish - must be reflection or light in the room - mine is black.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
In this last picture the headstock looks a bit brownish - must be reflection or light in the room - mine is black.
I believe this is from the aged yellowed lacquer on the headstock and the angle of light. The TRC is pure black plastic so appears black.
Ralf