Okay, everybody calm down

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
The PG on the 6, T-500 & T-400 are all different. Toying with the idea of making stairstep PGs for the 400 & 500. They would look better, I think.

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
The 6's were quite a bit before the other gsr's, so I wouldn't be surprised if the pickguards were from the Donny Wade era, or brand new. There is still some shuckin' and jivin' over the origin of those. The top is NH, the fingerboard is NH, and maybe the neck? The body we know was from "elsewhere".

drlucky

Reaction score
Guild Total
The Dogear P90s might cover the routing holes for the LB1 remakes in the Newark Street Starfire II/III as they are smaller than normal humbuckers but a Late 90's model would definitely show the edges of the rout. If I am not mistaken I have seen P90 Dogear mounting rings that mount in the place of a normal size Humbucker ring mount using the Humbucker ring screws (Like a late 90's SF) and then the P90 mounts to it. That way you wouldn't have to drill holes and the mod could be reversible.

Just a Suggestion

TX
Thanks for the info!!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
The 6's were quite a bit before the other gsr's, so I wouldn't be surprised if the pickguards were from the Donny Wade era, or brand new. There is still some shuckin' and jivin' over the origin of those. The top is NH, the fingerboard is NH, and maybe the neck? The body we know was from "elsewhere".

I know the pickguard on my 2014 GSR X500D is the similar to the curved shape of the one on my 2002 Nashville Custom Shop SFIV-3P90. The top of them appears to be a bit different. I really dig the Curved early 60's style pickguards. I like the stair step models as well but the curved ones are my cup of tea. Here is a pic of my 2014 GSR X500D Pickguard.

fKefLT.jpg

LjsOSn.jpg

TX

Last edited: