NRPS, Hello Mary Lou

sailingshoes72

Reaction score
That's a great live version of the classic Ricky Nelson song. I like the way David Nelson is "channeling" James Burton with his guitar solo.

I saw a concert at the Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY back in Feb. 1971. The NRPS opened for the Grateful Dead during a four night stand. Jerry Garcia would come out and play pedal steel with the New Riders, and then play two sets with the Dead. Great show! The NRPS played every song off their first album.

crank

Reaction score
That's a great live version of the classic Ricky Nelson song. I like the way David Nelson is "channeling" James Burton with his guitar solo.

I saw a concert at the Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY back in Feb. 1971. The NRPS opened for the Grateful Dead during a four night stand. Jerry Garcia would come out and play pedal steel with the New Riders, and then play two sets with the Dead. Great show! The NRPS played every song off their first album.

I went to one of those shows at the Cap!

Saw NRPS a couple of years ago. It was more of a good nostalgic experience than it was a good concert. However, Buddy Cage, their pedal steel layer was excellent.