M65 Bummer

matsickma

Reaction score
I picked up a 'hog M65 years ago that had a clear respray and headstock repair that I didn't know about. Actuayy took me a week or so before I noticed it. I liked it so much I bonded with it immediatly. It has the chrome soapbar that I really like. In hind sight I am glad it isn't all stock. I plan to add an additional chrome soapbar pup one of these days and won't have to feel guilty about modifying a stock vintage instrument.
M

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
So I got a partial refund that the aeller offered because of the case. In regards to the neck break, he “didn’t notice it” and was kind of shocked that I spent so much time proving it. This from a guy that “makes his living buying and selling guitars.”

Also, he shipped it a week late because it was hot outside.

Regardless of all of that, I basically got an original very playable ‘60s Guild for about $500 so I have no complaints.

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
I think that's a great deal for a '60s M-65 with "issues." Good for you!

Like matsickma and apparently walrus too, I've been on the hunt for an imperfect, full scale, all hog freshman at a good price to modify at will. If you or matsickma ever want to sell, let me know! :C)

DThomasC

Reaction score
Also, the DeArmond M-75 series fits perfectly as well.

And the later Westerly/ Corona Bluesbirds. I'll assume that Nightbirds fit too, since the Bluesbirds were modeled after the Nightbird. I can verify if any Nightbird owners want confirmation.

Are the NS cases super awesome? Mmm... probably not super awesome, but they are good quality. The one that came with my Aristocrat had a couple of latches that didn't pull the lid down snugly, but I spread the U shaped part a little and it works fine now. It's a perfectly functional and good looking hard case that says "Guild" on it. $150 is a little steep; $120 would be better, but whatever.