Things have been a bit slow here, sooooo.....

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Yes, what Ralf said. It's the G-45 with the neck of a D-55. They added some nice gold Grover Super Rotomatics with the Art Deco knobs and a signature on one of the best written labels ever, and numbered them. Only one has ever shown up for sale on Ebay. I think it sold for $4,250? That was a long time ago.

And yes, that is the one that I fell off the chair and cracked the soundboard in my Ambien induced stupor after I'd been hospitalized. Thank goodness for Tom Jacobs (Fixit) who came to the rescue and did a repair that is all but invisible!! I don't take Ambien any more. Ever!

This is the guitar that brought me here back in 2011. I wanted more info and wondered if anyone else had one. So far, only that one for sale on Ebay. But 20 isn't very many guitars. It's a big world out there....... :encouragement:

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Yes, what Ralf said. It's the G-45 with the neck of a D-55. They added some nice gold Grover Super Rotomatics with the Art Deco knobs and a signature on one of the best written labels ever, and numbered them. Only one has ever shown up for sale on Ebay. I think it sold for $4,250? That was a long time ago.

And yes, that is the one that I fell off the chair and cracked the soundboard in my Ambien induced stupor after I'd been hospitalized. Thank goodness for Tom Jacobs (Fixit) who came to the rescue and did a repair that is all but invisible!! I don't take Ambien any more. Ever!

This is the guitar that brought me here back in 2011. I wanted more info and wondered if anyone else had one. So far, only that one for sale on Ebay. But 20 isn't very many guitars. It's a big world out there....... :encouragement:

If you'd like to safely get rid of excess Ambien, I'll forward you my mailing address.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
yeah, she shore is purty! What a nice combo - flmed maple, arched back, all the deluxe appointments, and yes even the label is (unusually) nicely done. When they finished this one they must have said "OK, who has nice handwriting?"

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
yeah, she shore is purty! What a nice combo - flmed maple, arched back, all the deluxe appointments, and yes even the label is (unusually) nicely done. When they finished this one they must have said "OK, who has nice handwriting?"
HAAAAAA HAAAAAA!! Yes, and then said, "Wait, lets buy a new felt tipped pen!!"

I've always called Guilds early labels, "Has anyone got a pen?" Which is probably closer to the truth than the joke I make of it. But yeah. Thanks all. I feel like a very lucky caretaker of a super special Guild.

I remember when I was doing a local enabling thing for a D-25 and the guy came over to the house. Don and I were playing the D-25 and he motioned to the Big Blonde and said, "May I?" I said sure. He played it for a while, and it was fun to hear someone else playing it. When I asked, "What do you think?" He said, "Well, if the D-25 sounded like this, I sure as hell wouldn't be selling it." Apples and oranges, but still a valid assessment. :encouragement:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Oh another little distinction, from when I bought it, the description said Engelmann Spruce top. I believe that to be true. It's not like any Sitka I've ever seen. There's next to no lines in it and only feathering across the board with barely a color change. It's beautiful.....

Rayk

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Pretty guitar ,bought from the city of gold :)

beecee

Reaction score
When they finished this one they must have said "OK, who has nice handwriting?"

And promptly fired him!!

Some of the labels I've seen must have been written by retired Doctors!

GF60

Reaction score
Guild Total
I started reading this thread, not realizing that it was 2 years old. But, goodness...gracious that is a pretty guitar, Tom!