Lots of rain

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
We have had an incredible amount of rain here in SW Michigan over the last couple of months. The streams and river are overflowing, and when we drove down to Sweetwater on Saturday, most of the farmers' fields had standing water. Some major flooding going on south of where I live.

Everything sure is green though! The trees are loving it; I don't remember them ever being so full and green.

No need for a guitar humidifier presently. The humidity today is 85%, and it's not even raining. However, we're due for T-storms this afternoon. Here we go again...

Windows closed, A/C is on.

Last edited:

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Well, Steamboat Springs in Colorado saw 20 inches of snow on Friday, so they also had an unusual Summer solstice...

colorado-gets-almost-2-feet-of-snow-on-the-first-day-of-summer.jpg

Ralf

GardMan

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
We had the 2nd wettest spring (Mar-May) on record in Salt Lake City this year, with more than 11" water. We have already had more water this year than ALL of last year (just over 10" all year).

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
In May, Las Vegas got enough rain storms to bring the YTD total to 4.20 inches, which is 0.01 more than our normal annual total. Granted it's not a ton of rain, but way more than we normally get. This is the greenest I've ever seen this place!

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
It's very green here in SE Michigan too. I did some lawn re-seeding early in spring…no watering needed whatsoever. No flooding here either apart from low areas where the Rouge river tends to spill over whenever we get any kind of decent rain.

-Dave-

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Here's the beautiful natural canopy over my deck. It's a Box Elder, grows like a weed, but sure is a nice shade tree, I just trim it a lot. Hanging down more than usual today since it started raining.

beriM5h.jpg

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I just drove from Grand Rapids to Rogers City and back. It didn't rain at all , while we were there, but it rained most of the way coming and going. 4 hours each trip. At speeds I was surprised to be going. You Michigan folks and your 75mph speed "limit".

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Haha John, yeah and everyone drives the freeway at 85 mph!

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
And in rainy conditions too !

I was happy making the trick quicker, but I was thinking the tires need a little better water handling specs at 85mph. My wife said she would have been rather scared driving in those conditions. Lots of tire fog near cars in the wet at 80+.

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
I bet the Michigan mosquitoes are as big as sparrows. Never seen such big skeeters.

Quantum Strummer

Reaction score
In my locale, the greater Detroit area, mosquitos are more of a thing later on in the summer. I went for a long walk yesterday afternoon in my favorite local nature reserve, wearing shorts, and didn't see, hear or feel a single one. (I did get to watch a small group of browsing deer from a great vantage point above them, and also saw a mooching red-bellied woodpecker at close range. "I can haz seeds?") A month from now it'll be a different story!

-Dave-

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
The skeeters are so big here they try to mate with the ducks, LOL.

We have a pond in the woods behind the house, perfect for mosquito breeding when the conditions are right. At this point I haven't seen many, maybe because none of the water has had a chance to become stagnant, it just keeps raining. I'm sure they'll be out in force soon.

We always keep our dogs up on their heartworm meds because of the mosquitos. We had a dog that got heartworm here years ago, and that's no fun. She survived but it was a long road back to health.

JohnW63

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
There were skeeters up near the shore of Huron in Roger's City. Not lots, but enough to make small clouds in select places. Just waiting for an unsuspecting person head to pass through.

FNG

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Jobbie Nooner Friday 28 June!

Last edited:

MLBob

Reaction score
Plenty of rain here in SW Ohio this spring + winter was no slouch either.

I have managed to stay ahead of the mowing though!

78L8ZL9.jpg
[/IMG]

WayToBlue

Reaction score
We have had rain 11 of the last 12 days in Nashville. 8.34" this month, which is double the normal rainfall for June. Our 5th wettest June on record!

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
We have had rain 11 of the last 12 days in Nashville. 8.34" this month, which is double the normal rainfall for June. Our 5th wettest June on record!

Yeah, but you're in Nashville the home of some of the finest music/musicians on the planet. That would likely make me forget about the rain with little problem.