NGD - 2013 Martin 000-28

JF-30

Reaction score
Elegance.

I am now electric guitarless (except for a bass) and it is going to stay that way. Nice job Mark Agnesi, you were the deciding factor in me dumping my Gibby. I guess I am not playing authentic. Oh wait I am cause Martin invented the Dreadnought and I have 3 Martin dreads, a 000 Martin, a Martin J body style, and a Guild JF. Gibson Acoustics always sounded like a wet f..t to me.

Last edited:

dapmdave

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Very nice! I love mine, and I tend to agree where Gibbies are concerned.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Wow! The grain on the top is beautiful! Congratulations!

walrus

JF-30

Reaction score
Yeah it its a totally different animal than my big old monster body guitars. My friend said you got a D-28, why are you getting another 28. Just stick to you Tele's and let me worry about the nice guitars with big holes in them.

Reaction score
I am now electric guitarless (except for a bass) and it is going to stay that way. Nice job Mark Agnesi, you were the deciding factor in me dumping my Gibby. I guess I am not playing authentic. Oh wait I am cause Martin invented the Dreadnought and I have 3 Martin dreads, a 000 Martin, a Martin J body style, and a Guild JF. Gibson Acoustics always sounded like a wet f..t to me.

Great! Can’t get MORE authentic that a Martin!

JF-30

Reaction score
Mark Agnesi would think so. I'll bet Gibson thinks they invented the D shaped guitars.

HeyMikey

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Congrats on the Martin! Wonderful guitars and a pleasure to play. I just sold mine and am missing it. Also selling my primary electric as I just rarely pick it up anymore since I’m not in a band. I get so much more pleasure these days playing acoustic. Sat in front of the TV noodling on the 112 for three hours last night and didn’t even realize it.

JF-30

Reaction score
Congrats on the Martin! Wonderful guitars and a pleasure to play. I just sold mine and am missing it. Also selling my primary electric as I just rarely pick it up anymore since I’m not in a band. I get so much more pleasure these days playing acoustic. Sat in front of the TV noodling on the 112 for three hours last night and didn’t even realize it.

I traded my BB King for it (now I own no electric guitars expect for one of those 4 string things) and regretted it for about 10 minutes and then I got a big smile on my face...I got a new used Martin I'm gonna be playing in 20 minutes.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I traded my BB King for it (now I own no electric guitars expect for one of those 4 string things) and regretted it for about 10 minutes and then I got a big smile on my face...I got a new used Martin I'm gonna be playing in 20 minutes.
You really should go back and let the old gang know what's new.

Grassdog

Reaction score

Okay so if any of you Gibson haters out there has a 50's era J-45 or J-200 (or custom shop Bozeman era re-issues) you're wanting to get rid of please PM me. I'm sure you'd be willing to unload these terrible sounding guitars at discounted prices to get that Gibson headstock out of your house. Being the charitable person I am, I may be willing to help you out.

To the OP, that's a beautiful Martin.

JF-30

Reaction score
Okay so if any of you Gibson haters out there has a 50's era J-45 or J-200 (or custom shop Bozeman era re-issues) you're wanting to get rid of please PM me. I'm sure you'd be willing to unload these terrible sounding guitars at discounted prices to get that Gibson headstock out of your house. Being the charitable person I am, I may be willing to help you out.

To the OP, that's a beautiful Martin.
The store I just went to will help you out for over 5k work of hard earned cash. I just played a '52 J-45 yesterday that was at a store I visit now and again. It sounded really good. Probably the best Gibson acoustic I ever played other than a few HBirds and one Dove I got to strum, but at over 5k, It will never happen. I play every Gibson acoustic in any store I'm in when they are there. They just don't impress me much. J-45 guys drool over them and I cant understated why. I'm not a Gibson hater. I've owned about 20 different Gibson electrics and one acoustic. A J-15. It was a dog and I sold it weeks after getting it. I also don't like the looks of slope shoulders on an acoustic.

Last edited:

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Obviously, I would have to personally play it to make any value judgments.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Very nice. I like the Martins. I've played and heard good and bad but mostly they're consistent. Does that one have a Richlite fretboard or is it wood? Not that i don't like Richlite. It's hard, holds up well, not as fragile or tempermetal as wood. Just wondering is all. Congrats, amigo!! Play a song......

JF-30

Reaction score
Very nice. I like the Martins. I've played and heard good and bad but mostly they're consistent. Does that one have a Richlite fretboard or is it wood? Not that i don't like Richlite. It's hard, holds up well, not as fragile or tempermetal as wood. Just wondering is all. Congrats, amigo!! Play a song......

When you get to the 18 series and above most or all have Ebony. All my Martins have ebony D-18, D-28, D-35, 000-28 and a J12-16GT. That richlite stuff on 2k and up guitars are for companies that illegally import wood. My Guild has rosewood. My J12 has Madagascar ebony and is the first year of issue. I heard over the next few years they switched to Micarta aka Richlite under another name.

I don't hate Gibson, I've owned about 20 or more, but they got a lot of work to do. Only A Gibson is good enough. Not even close.

Last edited: