Where are Newark Street Guilds made?

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
Hollow and semi-hollow bodied models (Starfires, Aristocrat, A-, X-, T-models,...) come from SPG (Sound Professional Guitar Co, Ltd.) in Korea (KSG serial numbers = Korea SPG Guild).

Most solid-body electrics (T-Bird, Bluesbird solid, S-100) come from WMI (World Musical Instrument Co. Ltd. ) in Incheon, Korea (KWM serial numbers = Korea World Musical).
The S-100 for instance switched from SPG to WMI during CMG's ownership of Guild. (WMI mounts the lid over the pot chamber with 6 screws on the S-100 model vs. previously with 4 screws on the former SPG versions).

And since 2018 a new model (Jetstar) comes from Yako Musical Instruments (Zhangzhou) Co., Ltd. in Zhangzhou city near Xiamen, China. (GY serial numbers = Guild Yako).

All those 3 factories are also producting loads of guitars for other well known companies.
SPG produces for many like Gretsch, D’Angelico, Comins....
WMI is producing for PRS, ESP, Agile, LTD, Chapman, Schecter...
Yako for instance is producing for FMIC (Gretsch, Squier) since 24 years already!

Ralf

Ralf answered the question here, but the information is too useful to forget. Please consider NOT veering in this thread.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Two more Yako made models in 2019: The chambered solid body Aristocrat HH and the chambered solid body Aristocrat P90.

EDIT Jan 2021: All the latest info is now here:

Ralf

Last edited:
Reaction score
Guild Total
"It doesn't matter." - The Rock
The Quality has always been there. I've had Hoboken, Westerly, Seoul, and now Indonesia and they've all been outstanding.

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
"It doesn't matter." - The Rock
The Quality has always been there. I've had Hoboken, Westerly, Seoul, and now Indonesia and they've all been outstanding.

While the NS guitars are high quality for what they are, they don't compare with the US-made Guilds IMO. That's from someone who's owned probably 8-10 Newark St. guitars and 50-60 US Guilds.

RVBASS

Reaction score
Guild Total
I own two Starfire basses, a 1967 Hoboken and a 2013/14 Newark Sreet edition. Both are very solid and well-made instruments. The ‘67 has a wonderful tone like no other instrument I have owned. The Newark Street is well-made and very solid. I upgraded it with Alembic electronics and it is an incredible instrument with a unique and powerful tone all to it’s own. Both great basses.

Reaction score
Guild Total
Go north on Baker St,go right on Shakedown St,left on Lonely Ave,right on Sesame St,(don't go left that's the streets with no name)and then a left on Newark St.You'll be Dancin' Dancin' Dancin' in the street