1994 s100 sn# fb000002

koaguilds

Reaction score
Haha good one. That would be a lonnnng wait... like til i'm cremated and spread with the wind but it will go to my nephew so....
I sent hammer the pics. Hopefully he can post them here. My phone isn't letting me send pics through email...only through text.

koaguilds

Reaction score
untitled-zpslumkf1b0.jpg
[/IMG]
untitled-4-zpseilwmv2w.jpg
[/IMG]
untitled-3-zpslcoc5mll.jpg
[/IMG]
untitled-5-zpsamxzpidg.jpg
[/IMG]

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
There's nothing sexier than a basically NOS Guild. Nice score!

Hammer

Reaction score
Nice. Photobucket was a PITA on my phone, for some reason...sry. Glad to see you got them uploaded. Here's her sister, 003.

LRM-EXPORT-4838541335809-20190717-053719104.jpg

Hammer

Reaction score
Comparing all the grainlines also by changing the color of both pictures and by inverting some colors (as due to the different angle of light in both pictures you see some light lines acually dark) this 002 body is 100% the one pictured in the catalog ! However it looks like the hardware is not gold anymore but chrome. But the body is 100% the same. Mind the catalog picture shows no strap button yet, so maybe the gold hardware was changed to chrome after the catalog pictures were done.
Ralf

I am not entirely sure that IS gold hardware. Sometimes I look at it and am like "Ok, gold.", then I look again and it looks like reflection from whatever lighting setup they used. :indecisiveness:

hansmoust

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Comparing all the grainlines also by changing the color of both pictures and by inverting some colors (as due to the different angle of light in both pictures you see some light lines acually dark) this 002 body is 100% the one pictured in the catalog ! However it looks like the hardware is not gold anymore but chrome. But the body is 100% the same. Mind the catalog picture shows no strap button yet, so maybe the gold hardware was changed to chrome after the catalog pictures were done.
Ralf

Don't want to spoil the party, but it doesn't look like the same guitar to me!

Sincerely,

Hans Moust
www.guitarsgalore.nl

koaguilds

Reaction score
Yes, different grains by the controls. I should have it by next week. Absolute mint condition. I will post many pics, rest assured. 003 looks sweet by the way.

koaguilds

Reaction score
Interesting. Does he happen to know how many went to NAMM or any other specifics?

I'll ask him. I know there were two NAMM shows that year. One in CA and the summer session in Nashville.

Hammer

Reaction score
Yes, different grains by the controls. I should have it by next week. Absolute mint condition. I will post many pics, rest assured. 003 looks sweet by the way.

Thanks. She is. And dead mint, too, which kinda shocked me, because she had no case!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Also the catalog one looks almost like a handrubbed finish vs. a gloss finish.
Ralf

I noticed that too but just "shrugged".
Thinking about it, it would be hard to airbrush that "look" in at that time, and it would be "period correct" for an HR finish just like the same period D4's and DV-52's, so wonder if it might have been a one-off to test reaction, that got used for the photo-shoot?
It was also an era when an "organic not shiny" look was having a resurgence of popularity.

Last edited:

koaguilds

Reaction score
He recalls there were two or three at the California Namm show of which this came from. I paid for it today and it will ship tomorrow or Saturday. It has the early form fitting hardshell case before they switched to the rectangle. This one was intended for Mr. Thayil but for whatever reason it slipped through the cracks and ended up in the sellers hands. Maybe he didn't like natural finished guitars.

Somebody contacted me with a dead mint 97' in red for $1250 shipped if anyone is interested. If one of my SG Standards sells I might be tempted.

Last edited:

Hammer

Reaction score
He recalls there were two or three at the California Namm show of which this came from. I paid for it today and it will ship tomorrow or Saturday. It has the early form fitting hardshell case before they switched to the rectangle. This one was intended for Mr. Thayil but for whatever reason it slipped through the cracks and ended up in the sellers hands. Maybe he didn't like natural finished guitars.

Somebody contacted me with a dead mint 97' in red for $1250 shipped if anyone is interested. If one of my SG Standards sells I might be tempted.

Cool. Wonder if 003 was at the show, too then.

koaguilds

Reaction score
#002 is here! It looks like it just left the factory! I only had to use some nevrdull wadding polish to de-tarnish the unworn frets and oil the board. I lifted the pickups and they are unmarked...no seymour duncan marking anyways. I'm going to look under the back cover plate next...who is JT?
IMG-6268.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG-6270.jpg
IMG-6269.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Nice! Congratulations! And Hans was right as usual, it's different from the catalog page.
Ralf

S100

Reaction score
Guild Total
*salivating*

That’s pretty much my dream S-100.

Congratulations!

koaguilds

Reaction score
Thanks again! Here she is hanging out with her SG siblings.
IMG-6281.jpg
[/IMG]