Good Things Seldom Last

AcornHouse

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
It was a perhaps unsuccessful attempt at humor. Your brain saw "etsy", may or may not have understood it, but autocorrected it (spellchecked it?) to "eBay".
The “attempt” was perfectly successful, good sir. Whether or not it is understood is not my concern.

My time will come. My time will come.

[J.K.]

Reaction score
Woof. I almost panicked there.
Etsy is weird, but marginally more human than eBay.
When I try to imagine an Etsy-Reverb hybrid, I picture popsicle stick guitars with knitted strings.
Anything is better than eBay. That company is a web 1.0-era trash heap with illusory customer service. Last time I had to get eBay to step in, I spent days trying to get proper support from from them before I decided to bite the bullet and eat the loss.

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I answer rhetorical questions.

I get into much less trouble treating something humorous as if it were serious than the other way around.

If it IS humerus then maybe we have a bone to pick.

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
The attempt at humor was successful. Just because a person doesn't get it doesn't negate the humor. Nope.

(Frono explains the World, Vol. II, coming soon.)

fronobulax

Bassist, GAD and the Hot Mess Mods
Reaction score
Guild Total
I used "perhaps unsuccessful" because I could not tell whether the "I don't get it" comment was sincere (in which case at least one person did not find the original funny) or not. If "I don't get it" was humor then, even though it was not referenced as such it, was unsuccessful since I didn't see it as humor. Just because I get into trouble assuming something is funny when it as not intended does not mean that I stay out of trouble when I assume something wasn't supposed to be funny ;-)