Swallowed a fly today

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
So I left my beer setting on the table for a few minutes, and when I came back to finish it I took a swig and this foreign object made it about halfway down my throat, but I was able to hack it out. A black fly had drown itself in my beer when I left it unattended. I'm not talking an ordinary run-of-the-mill housefly, this was a big fat black fly. Hate to think where he may have been before offing himself in my beer.

Just thought I'd share that with you all.

The only thing worse than that was one time when someone put their cigarette butt in my beer, and I swallowed it right on down. It's a good thing I was only two steps from the door to the outside, because I had to "talk to Ralph O'Rourke."

Last edited:

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
Now there's a thread title you don't see very often!

Time to write a song about it!

walrus

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
ALERT - following true story is DOWNRIGHT DISGUSTING!

BEFORE you read on - REMEMBER - You've been WARNED!

Friend of mine was working as FOH-engineer with a band, that was insanely poular - insanely in the way that everybody - including the band on stage - was drinking like crazy. The nights were often sheer chaos...
So my friend had built a wall around him and his mixing console - using the transit cases. Audience around him were partying like world be ending any minute and it was last change to drink. Empty beerglasses were piling around him on the cases. The place was packed. Then in the middle of the set he needs to urinate. So he takes an empty glass, puts it under the console and pees - plenty of it. Then puts the glass back on the case among other empty and half-empty glasses. Shortly after someone quite drunk grabbed that glass and in it went with one giant gulp. He could not prevet it - it was too noisy and it happened too fast. Seemed that the poor fellow never even noticed what he just drank.

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
When we were kids, my brother couldn't wait any longer for whomever was in the bathroom, so he relieved himself in an empty soda bottle. Then he set it up on the countertop. A minute later my sister walks in, looks at it and thinks "Oh - Ginger Ale. It must be mine..." and proceeded to take a couple swigs. I think that cured her of drinking things that didn't belong to her.