Busted my Guild Bigsby . I need a new one

billydlight

Reaction score
Damn dude. That hinge just rotted away.

I gotta ask - did you buy it like that or is that just 1000 gigs of wear?

This guitar has been played on thousands of sweaty gigs over the last 30 years by me and by someone else for 30 years before I got it. Just plain old usage wear. LOL
It was not pristine by any means when I got it, but I have definitely put a lot of hard miles on 'er

billydlight

Reaction score
Damn dude. That hinge just rotted away.

I gotta ask - did you buy it like that or is that just 1000 gigs of wear?

This guitar has been played on thousands of sweaty gigs over the last 30 years by me and by someone else for 30 years before I got it. Just plain old usage wear. LOL
It was not pristine by any means when I got it, but I have definitely put a lot of hard miles on 'er

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
Hey BillyD -

It's been a while, and man, that is one crusty bar axe mishap! I know you know your Guilds so if you say the hinge is busted, it's busted. Maybe Hans can fix you up, or even calling Bigsby to make sure a replacement will spec out correctly. It's certainly cheaper than a Korean repro from Guild's parts shop.

Good luck!

Super Moderator
Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Billy plays in the Deck Band all over South Jersey. One day, I will get out to see them!

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Hey BillyD -

It's been a while, and man, that is one crusty bar axe mishap! I know you know your Guilds so if you say the hinge is busted, it's busted. Maybe Hans can fix you up, or even calling Bigsby to make sure a replacement will spec out correctly. It's certainly cheaper than a Korean repro from Guild's parts shop.

Good luck!

Just a note on the Korean Repro from the Guild shop. The holes in the tailpiece are spaced in Metric not Standard like the American made Guildsby that is on there. The mounting holes on the Korean made repro will not match up with the original mounting holes already in the guitar so you will have to drill new ones of you go that route.

TX

Last edited:

GuildFS4612CE

Reaction score
My spidy sense tells me we're being spoofed.

I had a Rick 620 - 12 Tux once when I opened the case the strings were everywhere...the hinge holding the R tailpiece had split in two...fortunately in the case not while being played...looked like cast metal failure...stress...it does happen...lots of possible suggestions here...good luck.

txbumper57

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
TX, Billy isn't going to put import stuff on that axe, he's looking for stock.

I didn't think he would but since the link was given in the previous post I figured I would throw out that information so it was on hand.

TX

DThomasC

Reaction score
As others have already said, that unit can be fixed and it would be a shame to put a new one on that guitar.

I have an NOS aluminum Guildsby that I bought on ebay a few years ago when they were available. Leftovers from the Westerly factory or something like that. I can send it to you and you can put it on your guitar. Put your broken one in the same box and ship it to me. I'll fix it and send it back to you... That's round trip shipping for two units, but if you don't mind USPS Flat Rate then it would only be about $25 total.

jp

Reaction score
Guild Total
TX, Billy isn't going to put import stuff on that axe, he's looking for stock.
You're right. Sheesh -- I should have known that.

I didn't think he would but since the link was given in the previous post I figured I would throw out that information so it was on hand.

TX
I appreciate that TX. I didn't know that so I'm glad you did.

Last edited:

dbirchett

Reaction score
Contact GAD. He may be willing to part with the one he took off the X500T.

parker_knoll

Reaction score
It's not uncommon. I've owned two 60s models with repaired hinges. I'd take up that amazing offer.

SFIV1967

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Still playing with my Trio too!!
For those who don't know Billy, check them out if you are nearby, here are the next dates for their gigs: http://www.billydlight.com/

600x600.jpg

The Guild in action, also check out the cool double neck in the second part of the video:

Ralf

Last edited:

billydlight

Reaction score
As others have already said, that unit can be fixed and it would be a shame to put a new one on that guitar.

I have an NOS aluminum Guildsby that I bought on ebay a few years ago when they were available. Leftovers from the Westerly factory or something like that. I can send it to you and you can put it on your guitar. Put your broken one in the same box and ship it to me. I'll fix it and send it back to you... That's round trip shipping for two units, but if you don't mind USPS Flat Rate then it would only be about $25 total.

I will gladly take you up on that offer. What's the best way to get in touch? bdlight AT gmail is one way also 85640455578 send me a txt

billydlight

Reaction score
Amazingly she has been fixed. The tailpiece welded, all drilled out, new pin strung up and ready to play