Ngd - jv-72

idealassets

Reaction score
Yes, I vividly recall talking to that "nut" on the phone. I don't know how you did it, but he explained to me that it was a cash deal in person only, since he didn't want to send it. Although he was in a small town where no one had stopped by to check it out yet. For me that would have involved a 900 mile drive, and I was in the relatively same area of the USA. I would have had to take the long way around Lake Michigan to get there.

So he eventually did sent it to you, but as I recall he had an old address left on the box, and that's where they sent it to, but the other recipient somehow got it to you through it all?

So is this what we might term as "Guild karma" (in a good karma way)?

Last edited:

WayToBlue

Reaction score
I just read this entire thread, along with all the linked threads that stem from this one. WOW. The history of this guitar is quite something else. Are there still photos available of what it looked like circa 2012, before Glenn had a go at it?

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
PS I owned and sold a 1974 F50 that mysteriously had the exact same tuning keys and exact same arrangement of gold housings and chrome tuning keys. Are they hybrid Grover Imperial's? I wondered about that, but ultimately had to sell that guitar.

What year was this guitar produced?

It may be the lighting or just my poor photography skills, but the tuners are all nickel/chrome. In fact, 2 of them are replacements that Glenn got from Grover under their lifetime warranty.

The guitar was produced in 1994.

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Time to ditch the treadmill to make room for more beauties.

I can't. I also collect vintage treadmills. The one in the pic is in near-mint condition (hardly ever used).

awagner

Platinum Supporting
Reaction score
Guild Total
Awagner, would love to hear your impressions of the JV-72 vs, say an F-50R.

My 1974 F50R is an absolute cannon, and has a clear, bright tone. The JV72, on the other hand, has a much more nuanced 3-dimensional sound, if that makes sense. Ironically, the F50R sounds more like my DV dreadnoughts than the JV72.

Apples and oranges. They are both stellar sounding, but in completely different ways.