A real-life banjo joke

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
So my 3-year-old grandson (Henry, a traditional name in both families) is in my music room with me; he loves to be in there. I have a bag full of shaky things and percussion instruments that I let the grandkids play with. The play along with me sometimes. Today I told Henry: "Put away those things and Grampa will get out his banjo!" He dutifully picked them all up and put them back in the bag.

I got out my banjo and plcked a couple chords...he threw up his arms and angrily shouted "NO!" and ran out of the room, LOL. Couldn't even coax him back in there; I'm still laughing. He's heard me play the guitar a lot, but not the banjo.

Had this happen once before with a kid about the same age years ago in Sunday School..oh well, life imitates art I guess. You can't make this stuff up.

Stuball48

Gold Supporting
Reaction score
And at age three, they have not learned to lie-the truth as they see or feel it is what you get.

walrus

Reverential Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
LOL! My reaction would have been the same! Great story!

walrus

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Still laughing, this is the quintessential banjo situation, poor kid!

So the Mom brought her little boy back into the Sunday School room after church was out, and asked "What happened?" I said "I don't know, I was just playing "This Little Light Of Mine" on the banjo like this and..." The kid clapped his hands over his ears again and she said "that's it."