A whole buttload of fake Guilds for sale on this site

mavuser

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
If I were a bettin’ man I put money on those signatures being as real as the guitars.

u can bet everything u own that the Jerry Garcia signature is a fake! no need to be a “bettin’ man!” (watch each card u play...and play it slow!)

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
"Facsimile Autographs" are, apparently, a "thing":
https://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/news/fact-or-fiction-facsimile-autographed-collectibles/
"Defined as an exact copy, a facsimile signature mirrors a genuine one but is created by machine and therefore cannot be considered an authentic player signature. While finding the difference between the two can be a challenge to the untrained eye, by law, a company must define what is authentic and hand-signed and what is created by machine, or facsimile.
Here at SportsMemorabilia.com we use facsimile autographed pieces as a way for fans to bring favorite players into collections of all sizes at an affordable price. Take for example, a photo signed by Babe Ruth. Difficult to find under a thousand dollars yet highly popular among fans and collectors of all ages, a facsimile autographed Babe Ruth photo brings this legend into your sports collection at a reasonable cost. A facsimile autographed collectible also allows for continued sales of legends who have passed away and therefore have limited hand-signed memorabilia still in circulation."

The rub in Autograph Authentication's presentation is that they seem to be using the term "authentic" misleadingly and not clearly identifying items I'm sure are facsimiles, like every guitar I checked, that didn't exist at the times the artists could have been alive to sign 'em.
I suppose if you used their "verify authenticity" button they may finally disclose but it's still cheesy as hell.

Here's an outfit that appears to be doing it "right":
https://www.hollywoodmemorabilia.co...ned-clear-drumhead-jerry-garcia-bob-weir.html
"This Is A Brand New Clear 12 Inch Drumhead Which Features The Facsimile Autographs Of The Grateful Dead Including Jerry Garcia, Bob Weir, Phil Lesh And More. Comes fully certified with Certificate of Authenticity and tamper-evident hologram. Also backed by HollywoodMemorabilia.com's Authenticity Guarantee."

Last edited:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
If you look up the address: 304 S Jones Blvd #2884, Las Vegas, NV 89107, it's a ghetto a$$ little duplex on Jones (a large commercial street) in a pretty crappy area of town. The place is plunked on a huge concrete lot that looks like it might be used as parking. There are also other businesses listed there if you Google the address. A Yelp review for Letsdocitations also shows up and scathing reviews for scams and apparently they send out mass mailings and trick you into giving up your email address and then selling it. I just did a "drive by" on Google and there's really nothing there.

Not sure how they get away with the fake guitars. Signatures may be licensed to reproduce. Boy, what a scam......

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Good detective work, Tom. Bet you'd have a heck of a time connecting a name of an actual person to this cluster*#&%. (That's a nautical term.)

D30Man

Reaction score
Guild Total
Truthfully I am impressed at how they can crank out such a high quantity of guitars out of such a seedy non-conducive location.. kudos to them for beating the odds!! Eat your heart out China!!!

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Good detective work, Tom. Bet you'd have a heck of a time connecting a name of an actual person to this cluster*#&%. (That's a nautical term.)
HAAAAAA HAAAAAA!! Yeah, dread, you gotta wonder who rents the space under what name and then what actually goes on there!! Or maybe, I DON'T wonder..... kinda scary, huh? I love nautical terms. Then i don't feel so land locked, you know?? :devilish:

davismanLV

Venerated Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
Truthfully I am impressed at how they can crank out such a high quantity of guitars out of such a seedy non-conducive location.. kudos to them for beating the odds!! Eat your heart out China!!!
In the guitar website it says that the guitars are made in Japan and South Korea and shipped to them for your "customizations", a.k.a. guitar brand, logos, and signatures. How they get away with selling these in the USA is beyond me. Signatures, yes. Guitars, no. But their wording throughout the site is very specifically designed to be vague and misleading.