Funky Guitar Smell

bobouz

Reaction score
That might be the easiest and most sure-fire way to address it but we're talking about a vintage Braz. RW guitar here. There are many buyers and collectors who would likely very much prefer an original case to a new replacement case. Some might even use that as a bargaining chip to reduce the price if Rich ever decides to sell.
Yes, and the easy solution is to just keep the original case for resale purposes down the road.

Personally, I’ve spent far too much time trying to reclaim wooden cases & now prefer to have the bad ones gone - asap!

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Personally, I've never gotten to hung up on whether the case is original or not. I'm just saying there are those that don't at all think that way.
Right, and broader market preferences themselves could change for unforeseen reasons as well.
I mean you could store the case in the outhouse just so it's there if needed, right?
:glee:

Use a general purpose case just for storage safekeeping , call it the "Hopsital Case" for needy piece whose own cases are in rehab.
(Or solitary).

Rich Cohen

Reaction score
Right, and broader market preferences themselves could change for unforeseen reasons as well.
I mean you could store the case in the outhouse just so it's there if needed, right?
:glee:

Use a general purpose case just for storage safekeeping , call it the "Hopsital Case" for needy piece whose own cases are in rehab.
(Or solitary).

Right, Al, but I'm not sure the source of the odor, whether it's the case or the guitar. Right now, the case is improving faster than the guitar, though the guitar has not been in the case for the past two weeks.