A Guild DV-6 NT I've had since buying new in Jan., `96...

Reaction score
I'm thinking of letting it go. Beautiful sound, almost exclusively thumb strummed or finger picked- so gently but consistently played all these years. Not officially selling but interested in comments or feedback. Not a lot of these from Westerly seem to be around. Thanks.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of letting it go. Beautiful sound, almost exclusively thumb strummed or finger picked- so gently but consistently played all these years. Not officially selling but interested in comments or feedback. Not a lot of these from Westerly seem to be around. Thanks.

Welcome, T-bone!
You're right that not a lot of 'em seem to be around, guessing that it's just a production volume issue.
Can't recall a DV-6 owner ever not liking the sound of one, and it filled the D40 slot in the lineup for a while.
If you're curious about what set the "DV" models apart from the others, see page 6 here:
https://www.gad.net/Blog/2010/08/11/guild-guitar-catalog-1997-acoustic/

Why are you "thinking of letting it go"?
Oh, btw, first 4 or 5 new member posts are vetted by moderators to ensure you're a real person not a spambot, so don't think the delay in seeing you responses appear is permanent.
:friendly_wink:

richardp69

Enlightened Member
Gold Supporting
Reaction score
I've owned several DV 6 guitars, all superb. Two in a beautiful burst and two natural. Very much (to me anyway) like a D 40. I'm looking at another DV 6 right now with a Cedar top. I've never owned or played one of those. We're a couple hundred apart on price though and I'm not moving off my buy price (unless it's down)

wileypickett

Reaction score
I own a DV6, and rate it highly. Mine was made by a Westerly employee (sans pickguard and label) for his son, from whom I bought it. He never took to guitar, thus it's about as close to mint as you can get.

It's got its own sound for sure, but if you had to compare it to another Guild model, Richard's D40 reference is not far off.