The Song Title Game

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Sorry gents, where did "Dream..." go? That was the last one up when I looked at the thread a second ago...:distress:

"It's a free concert, now..."
Kidding aside, methinks you probably did what I've done a couple of times, somehow miss the posts following the one you respond to, assuming of course that there's not some sort of glitch in your browser, which a couple of us have sworn has also happened, ie, posts not showing up to us in real time.
But the lag between my post at 3:53 my time and yours at 5:21 makes me suspect you inadvertently missed a page of posts starting with Coastie's #1352, which I think was supposed to be a thematic connection of door to threshold, so I didn't look up the lyrics.
Anyway, that's where it morphed away from "Dream".
"Dead Flowers" Rolling Stones?
"San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Some Flowers in Your Hair)"-Scott McKenzie.
San_Francisco_Be_Sure_To_Wear_Some_Flowers_In_Your_Hair_Sheet_Music_1967.jpg

The Man who killed Hippie.
:tongue-new:

Last edited:

coastie99

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Sorry gents, where did "Dream..." go? That was the last one up when I looked at the thread a second ago...:distress:

Perhaps it was the last entry on a page and further entries had been made on the following page ? In my haste to respond, I've been caught out a couple of times like that. Note too, that you can set the number of entries you want to see on a page. Up to 40 I think.

And there ya go. Al beat me to the punch.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Perhaps it was the last entry on a page and further entries had been made on the following page ? In my haste to respond, I've been caught out a couple of times like that. Note too, that you can set the number of entries you want to see on a page. Up to 40 I think.

And there ya go. Al beat me to the punch.

Yeah but I had a l-o-o-ng head start doin' it, and you are correct about the page count varying by user preference; as well as browsing platform.
Rayk for example has mentioned that he doesn't easily (if at all?) see preceding posts on his mobile device, made it sound like he can only see the last one.
Given the prevalence of mobile browsing these days I'm beginning to suspect we might be seeing the side effects of the platform on real-time viewing here.
Massive re-direct alert:
"I Hate My Frickin' ISP"-Todd Rundgren
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA8T4bn5PIE

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
"Lay Me Down" - The Frames

Hurricane - Bob Dylan

Nuuska

Enlightened Member
Reaction score
Guild Total
"Elusive Butterfly"-Bob Lind
Who later went on to write for National Enquirer and helped reveal the Bat Boy to the world.
33650883_1303666136430824_7022255830854533120_n.jpg

Is this what's meant by "poetic justice"?

Since I do not know if "Weekly World News" is on the approved reading list or Mr T - I can not say if this is "Fake News" or "Very True - Very True" - I´ve never been two miles deep so can not deny that it would not be there . . .

Danyel Gerard - Butterfly

Last edited:

dreadnut

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gone But Not Forgotten
Reaction score
Guild Total
Haha, I remember that cover illustration of the "bat-boy" peeking out at me from the checkout lane magazines at the grocery store back in the day.

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
Haha, I remember that cover illustration of the "bat-boy" peeking out at me from the checkout lane magazines at the grocery store back in the day.

HE really deserves a song of his own, doesn't he?

"Dog and Butterfly" ..... Heart

"How Much is That Doggie in the Window?"-Patti Page

Last edited:

adorshki

Reverential Member
Reaction score
"The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway," Genesis.
"On Broadway"-the Drifters
Songfact: Composed by Cynthia Weil & Barry Mann who also gave us "We Gotta Get Out of This Place", "Kicks", and "You've Lost that Lovin' Feelin'", among others.
Phil Spector plays guitar on the Drifters' version of it.
:eek:

Last edited: