Black speed knobs on 1978 guild S300

poa77

Reaction score
hi, not posted in a while but just got myself a lovely 1978 S300D and wanted to ask if they ever came with black gibson style speed knobs as standard as that's what are on mine. all the ones i've ever seen before either have the G logo dish topped knobs or the taller metal capped ones? not a big deal as the guitar is fantastic but just wondering if i need to source some originals for completeness sake? just giving it a thorough clean and set up but i'll post some pics anon. cheers

GAD

Reverential Morlock
Über-Morlock
Reaction score
Guild Total
hi, not posted in a while but just got myself a lovely 1978 S300D and wanted to ask if they ever came with black gibson style speed knobs as standard as that's what are on mine. all the ones i've ever seen before either have the G logo dish topped knobs or the taller metal capped ones? not a big deal as the guitar is fantastic but just wondering if i need to source some originals for completeness sake? just giving it a thorough clean and set up but i'll post some pics anon. cheers

Not that I know of.

An S300 without G-shield knobs is a terrible thing.

poa77

Reaction score
hi, yeah, i was pretty sure that was the case, thanks for the reply. any good places to look for old guild parts that you can recommend?